Thread: Robert Coulsey

Joan McEwan

Default Robert Coulsey

Hello All
    I realise this is a very big "ask" but I don,t know where else to search.
    My ancestor Robert Coulsey was born in Norfolk in 1842, but lived his life in Chirton, Northumberland. I have been searching for his death trawling through all years from 1901 on Ancestry. He was on the 1901 census so I know he was alive then. I have searched every year since and up until 1930 but have come up with nothing. Are there any more avenues open to me?
    Kind regards..Joan McEwan

Wirral

I'd try another 10 years, he may have lived into his 90s. Also, have you checked alternative spellings such as Coulsy? The person who registered the death may not have got the spelling correct. Could he have emigrated after 1901? I know he seems a little old, but my g,grandfather emigrated to Canada at a similar age in the 1880s.
    Could he have died abroad or at sea? These records are not available on Ancestry, but you can look at them on other sites such as 1837online
    Did he live all his later life in a village? If so, did all family events - baptisms, marriages, burials - take place at the same church? If so, you may be able to access the original reocords on microfilm via a Latter Day Saints Family History Centre. They have them all over the world & will order up the film at a nominal cost. You can then look through the records yourself at one of their centres. You can find the nearest one on www.familysearch.org It's also much more satisfying when you find the info out for yourself.

Joan McEwan

Default Robert Coulsey

Thank you so much Wirrel for your quick response. I will certainly follow all the leads that you have suggested.
    Kind regards.........Joan