orinocco

Smile Inquest & Coroners Report, Carms.

Can anyone tell me where and how I should apply for copies of an Inquest and Coroners Report conducted in 1983? I'm not from Wales and I don't know where I should enquire. Can anyone advise me please? The person lived in Llandeilo and died at Rhandirmywn.

Thank you

suzzie

https://www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/in...=3716&docID=-1
    The above link may be able to help.
    Last edited by Guest; 30-09-2007 at 11:59 AM.

orinocco

Default Inquest & coroner Report Info

thanks Suzzie
    Last edited by orinocco; 11-10-2006 at 8:51 PM.

gareth

I think they have a 75 year closure on them
    Have a look at my Help Page
    Last edited by Guest; 30-09-2007 at 11:58 AM.

orinocco

Smile Inquest and Coroner reports

Thanks Gareth, that was very useful information. I'm hoping that the general rule won't apply to my situation, but I know it may. I'm trying to source details about the death of my Granddad in 1983. He took his own life when I was 11 and until very recently I didn't know. Infact I only found out by accident. It's a sensitive subject in the family and I have a lot of unanswered questions, some of which, hopefully the Inquest and Coroners report will fill in. I'm hoping that the fact that it was suicide, that I'm a direct blood relation and knew him will help my case.

gareth

There might be an inquest report in the local newspaper, the Carmarthen Journal would cover the area, it has archives which you can ask for a search on.
    Last edited by Guest; 30-09-2007 at 11:58 AM.

SueL

Hello Orinocco,
    Copies of both those newspapers are held at the British Newspaper Library in colindale, North London.
    I am going there Saturday next week (21st) so can take a look for you if you don't get much response from contacting the papers direct?
    I would think one of the editions issued in the few weeks after the Inquest would have carried a full report as newspaper reporters usually attend the Courtroom and report the case.
    What I'll need is your Granddad's name (if you would rather not post it here, please email me privately at ([email protected]) and the date of the Inquest (probably shown on the death cert) if you have it?

Regards,
    SueL

orinocco

Smile Inquest and Coroner reports

Thank you Sue and Gareth,

Sue I've sent you an e.mail to your personal address. I think the Carmarthen Journal is probably a good idea and perhaps the Amman Valley Chronical as well as other one that Gareth mentioned, which I've just forgotten the name of!

Thank you both for your help.