RRedford

Default Redford - England to Canada 1854/55

I am trying to confirm emigration dates for 5 Redford brothers who were from Great Hale Lincolnshire. They emigrated from England to Canada I believe in 1854/55. Their names were Thomas Redford (b 1823), Henry Redford (b 1826), John Redford (b 1828), Stephen Redford (b 1830), & William Redford (b 1833). I believe I have confirmed Henry's arrival date of December 11th, 1854 in the port of New York from Liverpool. The ships name was the Fidelia from the Black Ball line. I had originally believed they all came over on the same ship but the records do not show that. I'm only assuming the other 4 brothers arrived around 1854/55 as well on a different ship. Thomas would have been travelling with his wife Sarah (b 1829) & dauther Ann (b 1853), John would have been travelling with his wife who was also named Sarah (b 1828). They may have arrived in another port as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have census records for them all from both England and Canada. Now I'm just trying to nail down actual arrival dates and ship names.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Rob,
    Have you tried https://www.castlegarden.org/ ?
    Otherwise I think it's a case of working your way through any passenger lists you can find.
    Pam

RRedford

Hi Pam...

Yes I have...no luck...I've looked at hundreds of ships...Of course I could have missed it...but don't think so...
    Thanks though..
    Rob

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Sorry Rob,
    I've just woken up to the fact that you said Canada and not the US.
    I was going to try and redeem myself but the Nanaimo Passenger list indexing doesn't start until 1900.
    Pam

RRedford

No problem Pam..Thanks anyway.....My guess is they likely all came through the Port of New York....and went north to Canada from there....I'm only guessing though since I can confirm the arrival port for the one brother...