Thread: Boyd/Lamberton

maxinc

Question Boyd/Lamberton

Hi I am searching for anyone that may have a connection to James Boyd born 1797 and Margaret Boyd (nee Lamberton) born 1799 in Aryshire . Margarets parents were James Lambeton and Margaret Brown. James Boyd's parents were James and Mary (nee Walker) and they were from the Kilmarnock area. James and Margaret Lamberton married and had the following children
    James Boyd born 1827
    John Boyd born 1829 Kilmaurs
    Agnes Cranston Boyd born abt 1832 Kilmaurs
    William Crawford Boyd born abt 1834 Kilmaurs
    Daniel Boyd born 1838 Kilmaurs
    Robert Boyd born 1840 Kilmaurs
    Margaret Boyd born 1843 Kilmarnock
    They emigrated to Victoria Australia around the 1850's-1860's.

Ian Lamberton

Default Boyd Lamberton

Hi

Just picked up your search for Lamberton's and Boyd's in Kilmaurs.
    My information shows small differences though but think it may be the same family.

My Margarets parents were John Lamberton and Agnes Brown and she was born in 1804 and married in 1826 to James Boyd. She was the first born in a family of five, James 1807, William 1809, Anne 1812 and John 1814.

William married a Margaret Templeton and also went to Victoria, Australia about 1843 possibly Collingwood?, however I think this Lamberton family line have died out.

Going by the traditional Scottish naming sequence the first born named James was after James's father or himself while the second born John would be after Agnes's father the girl Agnes would be after the mother. William was Agnes's father and Daniel was on the Brown side. Margaret was also the name of Agnes's mother.

Look forward to hearing from you as this may clear up a query I have had for a number of years.

lambo13

Hi. I've just come across your messages and would like to inform you that the line of Lamberton's in Australia has not died out, there are still a few of us left. William Lamberton married Margaret Templeton in 1844 in Kilmaurs, and William arrived in Melbourne Australia in 1852 on board the ship 'Tamerlane'. They had children, William 1844-1920, Hugh McLean 1846 - 1922, Mary 1850 - 1876, James 1854 - ? and Margaret 1856 - 1856. Both Margaret and daughter Margaret died the same year. William then went on to marry Mary Ann Sargood (nee Bird) in 1858. Hugh McLean Lamberton married Frances (Fanny) Crilly in 1880 and had 7 children. William James 1880 - 1960, Hugh McLean 1882 - 1968, Alexander 1884 - 1902, Frances Helena 1887 - 1946, John Andrew 1890 - 1916, Margaret Ruth 1893 - ? and Leslie Thomas 1898 - 1973. William James 1880 - 1960 went on to have a son Vivian Alexander. Hugh McLean had 3 children, Gladys Mary 1906 - 1987, Algernon Ernest 1908 - 1992 and Ronald 1913 - 1993. Algernon had 4 sons, Hugh Ernest, Ian Charles, John William and Robert. 3 of these sons are still alive and between 2 of them produced 3 more Lambertons (including myself) and also have 2 Lamberton grandsons. Any information before William James Lamberton born in 1810 would be appreciated as we have been unable to get any further than him.

Ian Lamberton

Default Boyd/Lamberton

Good to hear from u n also glad there are still lambertons on the go in Australia. I live not far from kilmaurs and would be related through the family of five down James line a brother of your William. Would be happy to communicate further maybe through email if you wish or continue through web site. Just going to put your family details down on paper to make it easier to read. Regards Ian Lamberton [email protected]