K,G,Sibly

Default Up-Date on 'Hand Written Diary' H.H.Humphrey WW1

This is just an up-date on Pte. H H Humphrey's Hand written diary. As promised on my previous thread, I have now made a start with creating a web-site for this and thought I would let all who were interested have a chance to 'read' the start of the diary. Depending on feedback/comments and interest I would then decide whether to continue with extending the site. I hope to get many replies---Thanks--Kath
    Last edited by K,G,Sibly; 19-09-2006 at 11:00 AM.

Knowledgeable and helpful

fantastic site, please continue my hubbies grandfather was in the RAMC and so this is such an insight into what they did...........for a novice you are doing great

sandie

busyglen

Very interesting Kath!! It gives a clear picture of what it must have been like during those awful days, and part of history. I think if you have these sort of diaries, they are always worth recording for other people to read, so I would say `continue'.

I also have three diaries of an RAF engineer, who was in Malta and stuck there for 3 years, during WW2, which makes for very interesting reading, including pages out of some of the newspapers there. I have started to type it up so that the story is not lost, and did wonder about putting it on the `web'. It's a hell of a job though! He has no relatives, but was a friend of the family, so I feel that it would be nice for his experiences to live on.

Glenys

Read it, and left a message in your guest book. I think its very interesting to read, and stuff like this should be published for all.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Mike

K,G,Sibly

Thanks for your replies and interest. Glenys-- it is worth transcribing those diaries even if it takes a long while! It would be a shame if others cant share those 'moments in time' and remember 'How it was'- Better than any history lesson.
    Will keep in touch when I up-date the diary, I have had many interested with favourable replies and will continue with it.
    Thanks once again--Kath