Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bristolloggerheads

Default Avonview Cemetery

Who did you contact? It shouldn't be hard to find anyone in Avonview as it is very much laid out in date order i.e grew from the top of the site downwards as time went on. Some of the Victorian memorials are quite impressive but some are in a very poor condition.

Peter

Omega

Default Bristolloggerheads - the answer I got

Peter
    I emailed [email protected] and this is the answer I got (I can't remember the webpage I found this on. I Googled.)
    Thanks for the email. Avonview Cemetery records are held at Canford Cemetery & Crematorium Office, Canford Lane, Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol BS9 3PQ. There is information regarding Cemeteries in Bristol at https://www.bristol-city.gov.uk Follow the links from Community and Living on the lefthand side of the page. Please note there is a charge for a search viz:
    "Any request for genealogical information must be made in writing to the appropriate office and must be accompanied by an initial search fee of £21.50, payment should be made by cheque payable to "Bristol City Council". A further charge may be made dependent on the nature or complexity of the enquiry."

You might care to check our Bristol& Avon FHS and read about our Memorial Inscriptions Index in case that might help. Do hope something here will be of assistance (this bafhs.org.uk is where I started I think)

Ask a question and I bury you in information. Sorry.

Deirdre
    Last edited by Guest; 12-10-2007 at 7:11 PM.

Omega

Default Bristolloggerheads - Heather

Hi Peter

Did you pass my email address on to Heather?

Deirdre

bristolloggerheads

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Peter
    "Any request for genealogical information must be made in writing to the appropriate office and must be accompanied by an initial search fee of £21.50, payment should be made by cheque payable to "Bristol City Council". A further charge may be made dependent on the nature or complexity of the enquiry."

Deirdre
    £21.50!!!! They must be joking. My wife walks through the cemetery every school day and said she'll undercut them!

Omega

Default Bristolloggerheads

Hi Peter

Your wife would not have to drop much and still make a killing.lol.
    That 21.50 is about $54.00 Aus.

It amazed me as I said it is the first cemetery search with a charge attached and I made mention to the lady who sent me the email and she replied with "we do not put the charges on but please let the Bristol City Council know about it and I would love to know the answer you get". I got the feeling they disagree with the charge there to. I didn't email them. I don't know what it is like over there but here you can't fight City Hall unless you are a 'Kerry Packer'.

Deirdre

Omega

Default Bristolloggerheads - Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Hi Peter

Did you pass my email address on to Heather?

Deirdre
    Hi Peter

Wondered if you missed this post?

Deirdre

Default english batemans

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    Hi Peter

It amazes me just how long people can hold a grudge. Life is too short for that, especially a century old mad. Well if it is the right line and he doesn't want to know anything about us tough his loss. I still want to know about the English BATEMANs so I'll just plod along with out him. But as you say 150 is a lot of graves. I contacted a grave search for Bristol and asked for Avon View and they are the only cemetery search I have come across that want to charge for a search. My husband wont let me use a credit card online he doesn't trust syberspace.

Peter thank you again for your efforts on my behalf as always they are greatly appreciated.

Deirdre
    Hi Deidre,

Not sure if can helpI have english bateman family I am following from Wales then Stroud in Bristol my.

Hi to all, I am very new to this site so I may disappear because I have got myself lost.
    I have Martha Bateman in my family line, she married into my family. They are the English side. I am looking for family history.
    I am not sure how much to say on this site. I can give a history of my family if anyone interested,. believe me I have a family story that defies belief. Seems if it was going to happen in someone's family we put our hands up to everything It is late here in good all nz so I do not have my records around me I really just wanted to make contact. If I forget how to get back tot this site my email is [email protected]

Kerrie

Kerrie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12