stevenorfolk

Default Johnsons of Alford

I'm researching the family history of a friend of mine (Malcolm Johnson) whose ancestors originate from Alford.
    In particular, I'm looking for information about the following:

1. Who were the parents of William Johnson b 1788 in Alford? I believe he married Maria Houseman in 1817.

2. Does anyone have information regarding the siblings of Houseman Johnson (b 1861 in Alford) and their families?

3. Does anyone have any information about Clifford Johnson b 1898 in Alford? The record of his birth is all I know about him.

4. I'd very much like to know what became of the children of John Johnson b 1834 in Alford. I believe his wife was called Mary and he had two sons - Arthur J Johnson b 1870 in Norton, Derbyshire and Anthony Johnson b 1873 in Ecclesfield, Sheffield. He also had two daughters - Selina J Johnson b 1876 Ecclesfield, Sheffield and Lily M Johnson b 1877 in Sheepridge, Derbyshire.

Thank you,
    Steve Norfolk.

Annie

Houseman Johnson on the 1861 census:
    RG9/2377108/33

Dawson Johnson abt 1857 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Son Alford Lincolnshire
    Eliza Johnson abt 1829 Thorpe, Lincolnshire, England Wife Alford Lincolnshire
    Elizabeth Johnson abt 1853 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Alford Lincolnshire
    Harriet Johnson abt 1849 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Alford Lincolnshire
    Hoseman Johnson abt 1861 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Son Alford Lincolnshire
    Maria Johnson abt 1851 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Alford Lincolnshire
    Parker Johnson abt 1824 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Head Alford Lincolnshire
    William Johnson abt 1859 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Son Alford Lincolnshire

Annie

Houseman and clifford on the 1901:
    RG13/3079/46/9
    South st, Alford
    Clifford H Johnson abt 1899 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Son Alford Lincolnshire
    Ellen Johnson abt 1866 South Ormsby, Lincolnshire, England Wife Alford Lincolnshire
    Elsie M Johnson abt 1891 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Alford Lincolnshire
    Housman Johnson abt 1862 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Head Alford Lincolnshire
    Maurice W Johnson abt 1898 Alford, Lincolnshire, England Son Alford Lincolnshire

stevenorfolk

Thanks very much, Annie, for your information. Houseman Johnson had at least six siblings yet I've found out so little about them. I'd particularly like to know if his brothers Dawson and William ever grew up to have families of their own.

I've never found any record of Clifford H Johnson other than the entry in the 1901 census. He was old enough to have fought in the first World War but I've never found any record of him being in the army, being killed in the war, dying at any time, in fact or even getting married. He is a mystery.