Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    sparkie

Question help how do i find a Swedish immigrant

Help!!
    I am trying to trace a swedish grandfather who arrived in the uk during the 1920s - i have his marriage certificate and all it says is Gothenburg!! I have absolutley no idea where to start - help please!!!
    thanks

Wirral

Hi Sparkie
    Welcome to the forum.
    Where in the UK did your grandfather live? What was his age & occupation? You could try contacting the nearest Swedish church for information. In Liverpool there was a large Scandinavian population, mainly sailors, & the church that they built is still going strong. What was his father's name & occupation?

dannywh

Default Gothenburg, Sweden research

Hi Sparkie,

I am now back in Sweden and have family connections here, so know my way around with Swedish research and the language. If you could let me have the details currently available (as requested by Wirral), I may be able to move this one along for you a bit. That is, if you haven't already done so.

Regards
    Danny

Mutley

Hello Danny,
    Sparkie only made one post on the forum, back in 2006, then disappeared never to be seen again

However, seeing as you have kindly replied with an offer of help you may find that some other members with Swedish connections may ask you to advise them.

Thanks in advance.

dannywh

Default Swedish Research

Hello Mutley,

Thanks for your reply. What a pity Sparkie didn't make it back. Hopefully he resolved his problem in the interim anyway.

Yes, it would be my pleasure to help out with any Swedish research related issues. I am also located in the town that has the Swedish museum and records for Emmigrants, which is very convenient.

HTH soon
    Danny

suzieq08

Good Morning all

Re: Sweden - I have recently been asked to help research with regards to a gentleman who hailed from Sweden (surname Olsen) Occupation Mariner and who remained in Liverpool for the remainder of his life. Therefore, would it be possible for me to share the information I have with you too - in the hope that I could request your help also please with respect to Sweden?

Hope you don't think I am too cheeky?

Kind regards

Suzie

dannywh

Default Olsen / Sweden

Hi Suzie. No problem at all - hope I can be of help. Please send whatever you have, no matter how "insignificant" it may seem.

Regards
    Danny

Dennis Lindgren

Smile Swedish connection

Hi Danny this is my first post. Would you be willing to help me on my Lindgren ancestors in Sweden? I have a problem in not understanding Swedish as I have my G/G/Fathers "Journeymans Book" dated 1845, as well as I think my G/G/mothers Death Notice 1910, and cannot read them.

dannywh

Default Lindgren translation

Hello Dennis. Welcome aboard! Not a problem. Perhaps you could contact me through the private message link so that we can transfer scanned documents for translation via email?

Regards
    Danny

suzieq08

Default Help RE: SWEDEN/ PETER OLSEN - Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dannywh View Post
    Hi Suzie. No problem at all - hope I can be of help. Please send whatever you have, no matter how "insignificant" it may seem.

Regards
    Danny
    Dear Danny

Many, many thanks for your kind offer to help me re: 'Peter OLSEN' - Sweden!

The information that I have so far in the 1891 England Census is thus:

Name: Peter OLSEN/OLSAN
    Aged: 55
    Born abt: 1836
    Head
    Where born: Foreign, Sweden
    Wifes' name: Fanny (nee Sullivan)
    Civil Parish: Toxteth Park, Liverpool

In the 1891 England Census it states all of the above - excepting that Peter OLSEN's birth year is now listed as: 1847!

In the 1911 UK Census, Peter OLSEN is aged 77 years of age, his Occupation is a Night Watchman, he has been married for 30 Years and lives with his wife Fanny and has two daughters, Ellen and Emily, living at the family address: 55 Beresford Rd, Toxteth Park, Liverpool.

I gather from the 1911 Census information that Peter Olsen was born in BOSTAD - I am hoping this piece of information may help you in your research for this gentleman?

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks in advance with the above, if Peter Olsen can be found either in Sweden with regards to his parent's etc., or even with regards to which Ship he actually worked on as a Mariner/Sailor when he came to Liverpool - this would be wonderful news.

Thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

Kind regards always.

Suzie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast