Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rosjdavis

Default John Walwin Atkinson

I am the granddaughter of John Walwin Atkinson. His son, Edward Robert Atkinson,( born September 26, 1910 in Montreal, his mothers name was Kate Beagley, now deceased), is my father. Thru searching the internet I found this forum. I had discovered that my grandfather was born on Maultius. But that is where our knowledge ends. We have been unable to learn anything else about either of my grandparents.
    Anything anyone can pass on to me (I would like to know how to get a copy of his birth certificate for one thing) I will greatly appreciate.
    You can email me directly at rosjdavis AT triad DOT rr DOT com I am also on Facebook but, quite frankly, am not too good at it!
    Best Regards
    Rosann Atkinson Davis
    Last edited by Jan1954; 22-07-2011 at 5:20 PM. Reason: Email address edited in the continuing war against spammers

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Mulnier View Post
    I am the great grand son of Alice Jeanine FAUCHEUR. She was the wife of John Greenwood Atkinson she was than a widow and had been married before to Max Mulnier about 1868 and they had a son, his name was Karl Mulnier, and he was my grand father. Max Mulnier died when his son Karl was 19 month old. and his former wife married Mr Atkinson.
    I was born in Mauritius on the 19th april 1928

please contact me : nojewo(at)hotmail.com
    Hi am researching my cousin by marriage, Johann Joseph Heinrich Mulnier born Mauritius 31 March 1933, came to England 1956, became an eminent surgeon, biography here https://livesonline.rcseng.ac.uk/biogs/E009018b.htm . With an unusual name, hoping he might be related to Max Mulnier on that island. Any info on his background please to spooksprung at btinternet dot com . Thanks! James Burton, UK

harfin

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Mulnier View Post
    I am the great grand son of Alice Jeanine FAUCHEUR. She was the wife of John Greenwood Atkinson she was than a widow and had been married before to Max Mulnier about 1868 and they had a son, his name was Karl Mulnier, and he was my grand father. Max Mulnier died when his son Karl was 19 month old. and his former wife married Mr Atkinson.
    I was born in Mauritius on the 19th april 1928

please contact me : nojewo(at)hotmail.com
    Hello,

On this line I am posting on behalf of my brother's wife's family; I have assisted them over a number of years with their family trees.

Both sons of John Greenwood ATKINSON (popularly known as John, the eldest and Joseph the younger) returned to the UK. JG was soldier who served in the Crimean War and after he returned to the UK after that conflict, he subsequently went to Mauritius as a school teacher. He then moved on to become the Station Master of the Mauritius Railway (that was his civil service connection - not a diplomat alas). Subsequent research indicates that he was aware of that position on the railways probably (this is a tad conjectural) as a result of a family connection with the engineer who was sent by the British Government to Mauritius to report on the feasibility of the design and construction of a railway.

My brother holds a great deal of material relating to many if not all of the branches of this specific Atkinson family (which is naturally linked to a significant number of other families), in any event I think he may be prepared to provide further (hard-copy) details. As he is elderly, you will need to pass on your questions to me electronically.

Please email my brother Derek at dfhart(at)harfin(dot)co(dot)uk.

Regards
    Alan A Hart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12