Wardy

Default It can't be her, can it?

Mary Boase's mother is driving me insane. I need fresh ideas please.

Mary was born 1749 in Madron, father John Boase.
    Then I found an entry on IGI that her mother, Mary Wallish, married John Boase 29th October 1748. the entry said Penzance, but I know it to be Madron.
    Well, I eventually tracked down the only Alice Wallish I could, but she was born in St, Just in Penwith 1709. I contacted the OPC and got some details back,but it doesn't match up!!
    Her records show Alice marrying Lewis Champion in 1732! I looked for his burial before her supposed marriage in 1748, but couldn't find him.There is a burial for Lewis Champion in 1776 which could be him.
    I already know of a bigamist in the family so thought Alice may have done the same, but then her age comes into it.
    John and Alice Boase had 4 children, Mary 1749, John 1751, Henry 1755 and Jacob 1768. This would make her 54 when having Jacob.

It's got me beat. Any fresh ideas please?

Is the IGI entry submitted or extracted? If it is a submitted entry then it has been done by someone who could have put in what they thought was the correct information, based on their own interpretation of whatever they read.

If it is an extracted entry then it is a direct extraction from the parish registers and is as good or bad as any transcription.

The IGI is not infallible and should be treated the same as any other index - written by humans and subject to error.

Ann
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Colin Moretti

Looking at Hugh Wallis's IGI batch number web site https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.....htm#PageTitle I can see that marriages for Madron in the period from 1700-1876 are not on the IGI although they have been filmed.

Colin

Wardy

Thanks for the replies.
    I've learnt from previous experience not to rely on the IGI site.
    Thanks for the information Coiln, I shall look into that.