WaltonAus

Default Euston ... Egwton ??????????

Hello everyone, I am seeking some more help please. In the 1861 census of Wales I found several instances of the surname EGWTON and I was wondering I anyone knows of this family name or perhaps is it a Welsh variation of EUSTON?
    I am particularly interested in William Henry EGWTON B:1853 Llanfairpwll, Anglesey. Could this be the secret to my GGF William EUSTON who had a son Walton Harry EUSTON B:c1884 in Tryddyn???
    The only other reference I could find to EGWTON was in the 1891 census of England.
    Fingers crossed that with your help we can start chipping away at this seemingly indestructable brickwall.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards
    Peter Euston

tommy166

Thumbs down Egwton etc

Sorry Peter, I don't think it's him.
    That William Henry appears in 1871, with parents as EDGWTON or EDGINTON still in Llanfair PG (RG10/5725 F33 p16)
    1881 he's moved to Whitford in Flint, with his brother Frederick's family as EGERTON (RG11/5501 F74 p32).
    And the crucial one: he remains in Whitford in 1891, now living with his sister Alice (both single) as EGERTON (RG12/4604 F25 p15).
    Can't find his father on 1851 census so none the wiser what the surname might have started as!!!

WaltonAus

Default Egwton puzzle solved .............???

Hello Tommy, It is not the news I had hoped for but at least it is one more possibility I can cross off the list. Thankyou very much for your time.
    Kind Regards
    Peter Euston

AW014R2799

Angry euston

Peter,
    It's Val , cannot e-mail you says it's not valid ?
    Val.