doowmat

Cool Where are MOSS F[family

I am looking for mother’s family MOSS – her siblings and their descendants.
    My maternal grandparents were Alfred MOSS & Bridget BRENNAN m. 5 Nov.1883 at Newbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
    Alfred b June 1856 Cannock, Staffordshire, served 21 years in R.H.Artillery; retired as Master Gunner in Cape Town; Immediately joined the Diamond Fields Artillery and in the Boer War(Siege of Kimberley) was killed in action on 9 Dec. 1899.
    Bridget was b Feb.1857 at Wicklow, Baltinglass, Ireland - a few blank years - In 1806 she was living in Totland - She died at age 67 on 25th October 1924 at Belmont, Cowes, IOW
    There children were:-
    Date Born. Christian Names. Place of Birth.
    20 August 1984 Mary Jane Elizabeth Dublin, Ireland
    19 August 1887 Florence Annie Dorchester, England [My mother]
    28 June 1889 Alfred George Woolwich, England.
    857 at Wicklow, Baltinglass, Ireland - a few blank years - In 1806 she was living in Totland - She died at age 67 on 25th October 1924 at Belmont, Cowes, IOW
    There children were:-
    Date Born. Christian Names. Place of Birth.
    20 August 1984 Mary Jane Elizabeth Dublin, Ireland
    19 August 1887 Florence Annie Dorchester, England [My mother]
    28 June 1889 Alfred George Woolwich, England.
    25 June 1891 Annabel May Freshwater, Isle of Wight.
    15 July 1894 Harold Robert Cape Town, South Africa.
    15 March 1897 Albert Stanley Cape Town, South Africa
    The last news of my aunts and uncles is as follows:
    Harold MOSS of “Heilbron”, Cowes married Margeret FLOREY, eldest daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Florey of Sudbury, at ST. Joseph’s Church, Wembley-hill on 11Nov. 1916 .Bridesmaid was Miss Dorothy Florey. The brideg 25 June 1891 Annabel May Freshwater, Isle of Wight.
    Harold MOSS of “Heilbron”, Cowes married Margeret FLOREY, eldest daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Florey of Sudbury, at ST. Joseph’s Church, Wembley-hill on 11Nov. 1916 .Bridesmaid was Miss Dorothy Florey. The brideg 25 June 1891 Annabel May Freshwater, Isle of Wight.
    Harold MOSS of “Heilbron”, Cowes married Margeret FLOREY, eldest daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Florey of Sudbury, at ST. Joseph’s Church, Wembley-hill on 11Nov. 1916 .Bridesmaid was Miss Dorothy Florey. The bridegroom was supported by his brother, Mr. Albert Stanley MOSSThe couple would make their home in Wembley.

Annabel May MOSS married Percy Winser Joseph ETHERINGTON of Portmsouth, son of Thomas Etherington, on 5th September 1910 at the Newport Roman Catholic Church IOW.

Albert Stanley MOSS, married Constance Gertrude WEBB, daughter of James Webb on 18th August 1919 in the Newport Roman Catholic Church. Ref.No: RO66/89

In 1929 my baptismal Sponsors were Thomas Crosby described as “Uncle of child” and MARY Crosby “Aunt”.
    Where are they all now?
    Moss Woodford
    Last edited by doowmat; 21-06-2006 at 6:59 PM.

peajay

Smile Where are the Moss Family?

Hello,
    We came across your information purely by accident when researching on this web site. We were very interested to read about your family history and believe that we know somebody who could be a living relative of yours. If you wish to reply to us we will be very happy to pass on any further queries or questions to our friend.We wish you luck in your search and hope to receive a reply from you soon.
    Regards Peajay.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, a long shot I know but have only just discovered this post. I am the great grandson of Sgt.Mjr.A.Moss killed at Kimberley. I have some details about him and knew my grandfather who our family called Da and his wife we called Nonna, they lived in Wembley. I would love to hear from anyone who may be a relative or knows more info. I intend to visit Kimberly in the next couple of years and will visit G-Grandfather's grave

Hello, my name is Susan Smith and I just came across your inquiry about Alfred Moss. Several years ago I corresponded with Alfred's grandson in South Africa and we exchanged documents and photos of Alfred. If you are still interested in knowing what I know and have about Alfred and his family I would be most interested in corresponding with you.
    ssbs AT comcast DOT net
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 13-12-2020 at 7:48 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to deter spammers.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Susan,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Neither doowmat nor Greg Payne have visited the forum since they made their posts but if they are still using the same email addresses as when they registered they should receive notification of your post.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Default Information on Alfred Moss and family

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Payne View Post
    Hi, a long shot I know but have only just discovered this post. I am the great grandson of Sgt.Mjr.A.Moss killed at Kimberley. I have some details about him and knew my grandfather who our family called Da and his wife we called Nonna, they lived in Wembley. I would love to hear from anyone who may be a relative or knows more info. I intend to visit Kimberly in the next couple of years and will visit G-Grandfather's grave
    Hello,

I am a distant relative of the Alfred Moss family. I have some information on him with a fine photo of him in his RHA uniform with his brother and sister. Also some other interesting info. I would love to correspond and share information about Alfred and his family with anyone interested.

Thanks, Susan Smith

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Susan.
    I see that you posted on this thread in 2020 and Pam answered you.
    Since Pam answered you in post #5 the original poster Doowmat is no longer a member of Brit-Gen (indicate by the word 'Guest' under their user name). This means we have no contact details for them so they will not receive notification of your post Which is a shame as we all want photos of our ancestors and they are hard to find.
    Now you have joined the thread it is out there for others of this family line to discover in the future.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs