Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Question Constantine Church - Look-up please?

If anyone happens to visit this Church sometime, (which was locked on weekdays up until October 2002) but may be permanently open now .... may I beg a favour?

At the back of the Church, near the Font I think, there is a plaque on the wall giving information about Henry? and Ann? TREFUSES/ TREFUSIS. Could you please write down what it says and post it on this Forum please?

I was going to do this myself, but our friend said he would take a photo of it, but unfortunately he forgot.

I am still wondering if these TREFUSES are connected to my lot.
    Thankyou ...... I shall be eternally grateful!
    Good luck with your research everybody!

P.S. If the Church isn't open when you go, if you go through the side gate to the Spar Shop, the lady in there will be able to tell you the address of the lady who has the key!

Thumbs up

I thought I had better update this thread, in case someone 'stumbles' across it, sometime in the future.

My request bore fruit, as a Member here, Barbara Wilkinson, undertook the task. Not only that, but braving spiders along the way!

Many thanks Barbara.

MarkJ

Just as an aside, is there a connection between the family and Trefusis point which is close to Constantine? It would seem logical that there is a connection.

Mark

Hi Mark,

If there is a connection, I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Perhaps one of the Trefuses/Trefusis Gents caught an enormous fish there sometime, so the Point was named after him?

Mythology

Archive CD Books
    Edit:
    On second thoughts, don't see that index to the first book - it's the original, and you'll wonder what on earth I'm on about, as Constantine isn't mentioned, just the Trefusis name.
    See the more detailed index to the book which Sheila Jones did:
    https://genuki.cs.ncl.ac.uk/DEV/Devon...liesIndex.html

The name is also in the other book - but not specifically "of Constantine", so I'd be tempted to get the first one and see what the score is first.
    Last edited by Mythology; 19-08-2006 at 5:22 PM.

MarkJ

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Grant-Salmon
    Hi Mark,

If there is a connection, I'm afraid I don't know what it is.

Perhaps one of the Trefuses/Trefusis Gents caught an enormous fish there sometime, so the Point was named after him?
    Nosey old me - I had a look around the web and came up with this information -

"Trefusis the ancient place of residence of the Trefusis family, is beautifully situated on a bold headland called Trefusis Point, which juts into Falmouth Harbour, having Penryn river on the south side, and the river Fal on the north. The present mansion, though of comparatively modern date, is in a state of decay, and chiefly occupied by a farmer. The manors of Trefusis and Tregew or Tregose are the property of Lord Clinton."

Sounds like there is some possible research material there for you Diane

Hi Myth & Mark

Thank you for your replies and the links you gave. I have a confession to make. I was so wrapped up in the RASHLEIGH's at this time, that when I received my West Country Families CD from Archive CD Books, I completely forgot to look at the TREFUSIS entries in it!

This error will be rectified in due course!

Trefusis

Default Trefusis Charter etc

Hi,

I've just stumbled on your thread and am interested in your interest in the Trefusis family and would love to know if you are a Trefusis. There are very few of us. I live at the place called Trefusis and am a direct descendant of the Trefuses mentiones in the charter which you found in the Herald's visitation.

Tell me more

Hugh Thompson

Hi Dianne and Trefusis, don't mind me as I'm just logging in to this post to keep track of your progress, as I might have a link to your familys through the Kempthornes of Mylor, and the Leys of Restronguet.
    Hugh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast