Thread: Bone family

rene196

Default Bone family

Looking for help.
    I have William Bone 1809 [currier] married Margaret Russell 1812 in Glasgow 2nd December 1831.
    They were on the 1841 census in Cockermouth,Cumbria,withtheir family.All born in Scotland.
    I visited Edinburgh Registry Office and saw their marriage cert. No mention of parents,which was what I was looking for,so I didnt take a copy.
    I now intend to order one, however my problem is that I am trying to tie William up to George Bone 1777 and Ann Barclay 1777 who married 30/7/1808,the year before Wiliam was born.
    My dad reckons these are his parents ,but I havent seen any confirmation and dont know where to look.
    I have the family back to 1702,and forward from 1809 to now, its the bit in the middle I need confirmed. I should have mentioned the family were originally from Mid Moncurr,Kilwinning.
    I am hoping someone knows of connections,even on the Barclay side. I dont even know of any other children George and Ann may have had.
    I,ll keep my fingers crossed.
    Rene 196

Julie Tyrell

Default I now intend to order one

Sorry I can't help with your family but I am curious to know why you are now going to order the marriage certificate.

I reason I say is that I waited in anticipation for a marriage certificate for this period for g.g.g.g. grandparents only to be dissappointed when it arrived as was just like a record of the reading of the banns.

You say that you have looked at the records and found a similiar thing (no mention of parents), I just didn't want you wasting your money or getting your hopes up that there maybe more information.

Sorry for being nosey, Julie

rene196

Default Bone family

Hi Julie ,I dont think you are being nosy at all.
    My friend ,who says she has never got a cert with NO info on ,has me doubting that maybe I have missed something important,I dont think I have {but just in case]
    When I was at Edinburgh I should have got a copy ,it would only have cost me 50p,but I didnt see the point at the time ,since the information contained what I had already printed from Scotlands People.
    Anyway ,thanks for the interest,at least I know someone is reading my message.

rene

hyatt

hi
    I am after my "bones" from cockermouth
    david bone parker b orn 1915-16 migrated in the 1950's to aus
    he was married to mary temple born 1922
    his parents were thomas parker and isabel /isabella bone.
    i believe there is still family living in cockermouth any info would vbe of great help as i cannot get certificates to go any further right now. as I only have access to what is free on line.
    there seem to have been several isabel bones born abt the same time in cockermouth.

rene196

Default re Bone from Cockermouth

Hi, I have found the marriage of Isabella Bone and Thomas Parker 3rd quarter of 1912 in Carlisle.[record number is 10b1069].
    Dont know if she came from Carlisle, or where Thomas came from. Will keep looking later when I have more time.
    I found Isabella Bone born in Whitehaven 1876,but that would have made her 36 when she got married,and 39 when she had David,which is quite old for a first child,not impossible,but I dont think this is the right one.
    Will keep looking

Rene

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi,Hyatt,
    I acidently stumbled on your post and even though it is 10 years old I had to reply in case.
    My name was Patricia Parker and my Dad was David Bone Parker his parents were Isabella and Thomas, HE had a brother Thomas bone Parker They both died many years ago but have children. if you want to know more I would be happy to help with any inffo I have. also rene196 Isabella and David were both married before but they. had children I think 14 between them but only David and Thomas were from that marriage.