haylierose

Default how do I??????????????

how do i find information on appenticships.

my ggg grand father on his marriage certificate says he was a mariner that was only a year after he got of a ship from england .now on his death certificate it says he was a engineer where would i look for information on Who and where he did his apprentice ship with
    its belived he used to have somthing to do with driving the tug boats on the brisbane river???he was married in 1864 and died in 1924 so information between those dates or earlier wmarried in 1864 and died in 1924 so information between those dates or earlier would be great oh his name was godharz rose

HelenVSmith

Hi
    I'll have a look in this index tonight. It is an index to documentation held at the Queensland State Archives.

Regards
    helen

Marine Board of Queensland Certificates of Competency: These records for Master of Coaster, 2nd Mate and 3rd Class Engineer are located at the Queensland State Archives. The overall date range is from 1877 to 1939 and details include: name, address, date of birth, place of birth, Certificate of Competency as, date of issue, certificate number and reference. The place of birth given for the recipients shows that over 34% were born in England and 21>Marine Board of Queensland Certificates of Competency: </B></I>These records for Master of Coaster, 2nd Mate and 3rd Class Engineer are located at the Queensland State Archives. The overall date range is from 1877 to 1939 and details include: name, address, date of birth, place of birth, Certificate of Competency as, date of issue, certificate number and reference. The place of birth given for the recipients shows that over 34% were born in England and 21% were born in Scotland. Only 11% of recipients were born in Queensland and it's not unusual to find a current address to be overseas. Other places of birth include Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Wales, Germany, New Zealand, Finland, Denmark, Russia, USA, Western Australia, Prussia, India, Canada, Singapore, South Africa, New South Wales and Victoria.

haylierose

thank you very much let me know how you go thank you again im clueless as about how to go