audrey

Question 1841/51 census lookup

Hi all
    still not found William Mcknight on 1851 census wondered if there is any chance that he could be on 1841
    first found in 1861 living at Disstington Cumberland as a single lodger age 17 years born Ireland working on a farm. I have all his details after this date
    his marriage cert dated 1869 his age is 25 years and his father is David Mcknight I have no idea of any other Mcknight family members whitneses on the marriage cert to Ann Knean/Kneen were Thomas Kneen and Mary Little so no lead there exstensive reserch in Ireland reveals nothing some one has surgested Williams father David Mcknight may have been from Scotland I am hoping that as the 1851 has been updated and 1841 is now available some one may be able to help thank you

audrey

Rod Neep

It is probable that he was not on the 1841 census.

Not even a twinkle in his Irish mother's eye even.

Rod

AudreyM

Arrow re William McKnight 1861 and 1871 Census

Hello Audrey,

You have searched so long for your William - You mentioned in your post to this forum that William was aged 17 in the 1861 Census

I have looked at it and it says that he was aged 20 in 1861 ( not that 3 years make much difference when you are looking for someone who doesn't want to be found) and that all 3 members of the household give their place of birth as -
    Ireland, Tyroon Clenferhel - if this is corect, I wonder if they were related ?

Margaret Brown Head
    David Brown Son
    William McKnight Boarder

----------------------------------------
    1871 Census Flimby

William McKnight age 27 Head Born Ireland
    Ann McKnight age 20 Wife Born Disington
    Mary McKnight age 3 mths. Daughter Born Maryport.

--------------------------------------------

Regards
    AudreyM
    In Cumbria

audrey

Thanks Audrey sorry to be so long in my reply had a few PC problems and lost all my forum details yes your right got the lookup a while back for the 1861 got the wrong birth info but c 1841 is correct and yes that is my family on 1871 I have always felt Tyrone was a red herring as my dad told me William was born Belfast I found him 1901 living Camerton as a lodger and on that census he gives his place of birth Belfast so I am pretty sure thats the right place but still no further on

audrey