Helen Evans

Default Cook or Hammond with EB?

I am looking for relatives originating in the Bedingfield / Occold / Saxtead / Monk Soham area of Suffolk; as a family we have a genetic skin disorder called Epidermolysis Bullosa Simplex and I know that it comes to us through my grandfather Thomas William Cook. I don't know if he inherited it from his father (James Cook, born about 1840 in Saxtead) or his mother (Sarah Hammond, born about 1847 in Monk Soham).
    Is there anyone out there with relatives from this area and feet that blister really easily?

Ron Leech

Although not able to help with your search and I am NOT a medical person I understand that there are a couple of variations of the condition. Intraepidermal bulla (fluid within the epideris) and subepidermal bulla (fluid between epidermis and the dermis). Either way it

Helen Evans

Default Eb

Thanks for your reply. Yes, there are 3 main forms of this - Dystrophic (as in the documentary 'The boy whose skin fell off'), junctional and simplex. We are 'lucky' enough to have simplex which is carried on a dominant gene and is therefore traceable through the family - except that I can't get back beyond my great grandparents!
    Helen

Ron Leech

Hi Helen

Have you posted this in the suffolk area as well?

Good luck with the hunt.

Helen Evans

Default Eb

Yes, I posted it to Suffolk some time ago but have had no response, so am casting the net wider.
    Helen

michjmc

Default james edward cook thomas cook brother

hi helen
    I am greatgrandaughter of james edward cook his father james cook and mother sarah hammond. brother of thomas.
    if you need to know anything please message back.
    regards
    michelle mcnamara