caz gambon

Red face Gambon family from Waterford

I am looking for the family of Michael Gambon, he was born in Waterford in 1870. That is where the Irish connection ends..
    He was in the 1891 census as living in Liverpool, ocupation - Tailor, born Waterford.

By 1893 he was married to Marion and had had ther first child, Francis Edward, (my husbands Grandfather). They had their second child, once again in Liverpool in 1894, his name was Albert Gambon. We cannot find any trace of the marriage, either here or in Ireland.

Not long after this date, he vanished. To this date the family is still not aware as to what happened to him.

Can anyone shed any light on this unanswered mystery?...

Caz.........

Wirral

Welcome to the forum, Caz.

What was Marion's maiden name on the birth certificate? Did it give her current surname as Gambon? I can't see any of the family in the 1901 census. Was the family Roman Catholic? If so, they may have been married in church but too poor to pay the registrar to have the marriage registered.

Or maybe they just weren't married. It happened more often than you would think.

caz gambon

Smile Gambon

I'm waiting for the birth certificate of Francis at the moment. If I find out Marions maiden name I'll add it to this thread....

Caz..................