pajero

Smile frank mumm & emily maud mumm(nee walters)

Hi there folks,
    I am trying to trace some of my relatives in the bexhill area could some kind person look up in the 1901 0r 1891 census the only thing i could find out are there names which are frank mumm and his wife emily maud mumm (nee walters) I would be very grateful for any infomation on either family
    many thanks
    I am new to genealogy so any advice would be very wecome

Jane M

Hi Pajero,
    1901 - 50 Preston Rd, Bexhill (transcribed as MINN but definately Mumm on image) RG13/874/72/14

Frank Mumm 21 Plasterers lab. b. Bexhill
    Emily 19 b. Crowhurst, Sussex
    Winnifred dau. 1 b. Bexhill

1891 - (S?)idley Rd. Cottage, Bexhill. RG12/767/92/11 (again transcribed as MUNN but looks like Mumm on image)

John Mumm 44 ag. lab
    Emily 39?
    John 18 ag lab
    Alfred 16 Carters Boy
    Florence 14
    FRANK 11
    George 9
    Walter 7
    Mary A. &nyle="MARGIN: 0px">
    John Mumm 44 ag. lab
    Emily 39?
    John 18 ag lab
    Alfred 16 Carters Boy
    Florence 14
    FRANK 11
    George 9
    Walter 7
    Mary A. 4
    Emily 3
    Henry Shoesmith unm. 34 ag. lab Lodger

All born Bexhill
    Your next move would be to find the marriage of Frank & Emily. It's not on FreeBMD & I've been unsucessful in searching the index (I searched all quarters for 1898, 1899 & 1900. Q4 on 1898 & 1900 would not appear for me so worth starting there) The certificate will give parents names but in Franks case I'm sure it's John & Emily as above.

Jane

pajero

Smile thanks jane m

Hi there jane m
    many thanks for your help that has helped me no end
    i now know where to seach next
    i shall carry on digging
    thanks again for your help

grumpybill

Smile Frank Mumm and Emily Maud Mumm (waters)

Hi there. Just seen your posting on this site. Have been researching MUNN family for 12 years. My wife's great grandfather was Frank David Munn who married Emily Maud Waters on 28.10.1899 in Bexhill. Frank David was born 30.05.1879 in Bexhill and died May 1963. Emily was born 1882 and died in April 1942. Frank David married a second time to Mabel Ellen Taylor.

There is a lot of information on Munns on the Internet especially from an Australian named Papall. (an ancestor of his married a Munn girl). Check out Rootsweb.

There is also a large contingent of Munns in Oz all descended from a James Munn of Ninfield. The Bexhill Munns and Ninfield Munns are all related and go back to one common ancestor Thomas Munn born 1746 in Bexhill.

Hope this interests you!!!

pajero

Default Frank and Emily

Hi there Bill , good to hear from you that has been a great help to me I have been i contact with Gayle Munn in Oz who has been helpful as well ,if I can help you out just let me know I will carry on digging

all the best
    noel watson(pajero)