Linda 8

Default James Scott Anthony Family photo

I have a family photo of James Scott Anthony b1841 Linlithgow with his wife Mary Strathie b1847 m1868 Corstorphine and family inc John b1869 (my g grandfather), Jemima Johnston b1872, George b1870, David b1877, James b1878, Peter b1881 and Agnes Aitken b1874. It was taken around 1890 (not sure if the youngest of the children listed above are included) I'm happy to share the photo with anyone who is interested in this family.

I have the marriage, Mary's father was included as George Strothy but I can't find his birth details, I would be eternally grateful if someone knows anything about Mary Strathie as this photo of her and her family inspired me to start researching my family history.
    Last edited by Linda 8; 29-04-2006 at 8:14 PM.

deletejb

Red face Mary Strathie

Is Marys mothers name Jane ?

Linda 8

Mary Strathie's mother was Jemima Scott from Edinburgh b1827.

deletejb

Unhappy George Strathie

At first I thought it might be George might be the son of George Strathie (Strathie - Strachan) and Jane Williamson. If that is the right George he was born in Dalmeny Linlithgow. ( there are several George's all about the same age who I don't yet have partners for)

I've just checked someone else's tree they have a spouse for the first George do you have any more info that might match up with another George
    Have a little info on the Strathie family. Are you local ?

Jan
    Last edited by deletejb; 20-05-2006 at 10:43 PM.

Linda 8

Smile George Strathie

My Mother was born in Winchburgh, her parents Broxburn. I know the area well but was brought up in Swansea(!)
    I don't know who George Strothy's (Strathie) parents are yet. Mary Strathie was born in Bo'ness in 1847 and married in Corstorphine, her father George is on her marriage cert but that's all I have. The George Athony you refer to was born in Uphall 1874, I don't know who he married but he appears on the family photo, all I know is that he suffered an accident at work and lost the use of his right arm.

George Anthony

Default Anthony Family

Re your message, my name is George Anthony and James Scott Anthony would be my great grandfather. His son, George Anthony was my grandfather. I would be interested in the photograph you mentioned and any other information on the family history. I do know that James had a son Angus Scott Anthony who was killed in active service in Sept 1918 whilst serving with the tank corp.

Regards

George Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by George Anthony View Post
    Re your message, my name is George Anthony and James Scott Anthony would be my great grandfather. His son, George Anthony was my grandfather. I would be interested in the photograph you mentioned and any other information on the family history. I do know that James had a son Angus Scott Anthony who was killed in active service in Sept 1918 whilst serving with the tank corp.

Regards

George Anthony
    Hallo George, and a warm welcome to BG. Linda8 has not visited the forum for some years, but hopefully your reply will generate an e-mail to her. Otherwise you might like to try clicking on her user name and sending her a private message.

Now you are here, have a good look round the rest of the forum!
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids