Thread: Indentures

colin bennett

Thumbs up Indentures

Here's one for you. I have a copy of an indenture relating to Benedict Quick and his father who is also Benedict, made out in the 1880's making his son an apprentice to his shipwright business in St Ives. The Quicks are relative to me.
    The archive centre,at st ives kindly helped me last year with the copy but cannot help to trace the original.
    Would any one know where they are kept or if it is possible to obtain a copy?
    Thanks colin bennett

Scottie

Thumbs up Indenture Papers

Quote Originally Posted by colin bennett
    Would any one know where they are kept or if it is possible to obtain a copy?
    Thanks colin bennett
    They should be at Cornwall Record Office
    Last edited by Guest; 20-09-2007 at 1:09 PM.

kenripper

Thumbs up Indentures

I agree with Scottie - always try the CRO in Truro first. I have also found indentures in the Royal Institution of Cornwall in Truro. Their catalogues are not on A2A with anything like the completeness of that of the CRO. The Courtney Library of the RIC is housed in the Royal Cornwall Museum building in Truro and is a goldmine of useful stuff.

colin bennett

Default indenture

[QUOTE=Scottie]They should be at Cornwall Record Office
    Dear Scottie thanks once again for coming to my aid. I did try C R O but still nil on tracing the indenture. A2A drew a blank too. I have a photo copy of it drawn up in 1889, so there must have been an original? Never mind, but if you have anyother ideas i am all ears. Yours colin
    Last edited by Guest; 20-09-2007 at 1:09 PM.