Eyesee

Default GREEN of St Laurence, Ramsgate

James Green of St Laurence, Ramsgate, married Blanche Elizabeth Parkinson 1 July 1823, cant find where though. Remember reading somwhere he was a surgeon.

They had four known children, all baptised St Laurence, Ramsgate
    William Clarke Green 1824-1878
    Anne Clarke Green 1826-pre 1832??
    Blanche Elizabeth Green 1827-1886
    Anne Ellen Green 1832-?

Blanche Elizabeth Parkinson was the eldest daughter of William Standway Parkinson and Anne Clarke. She died at St Laurence in 1867. James died pre 1861.

William Clarke Green was according to his probate formerly a colonel in Her Majesty's Indian Army. He died at Cambria Cottage, St Laurence, Ramsgate, 21 Oct 1878. GRO Index gives his age as 54. The sole executrix of his estate was Harriett Elizabeth Batten, a widow of 5 Chatham Place, Ramsgate. Not sure of any family connection between her and WCG. She was Harriett Elizabeth Bolton born London 1803, that I could find and married John Ingram Batten in London about 1820. She was still alive in 1881 census at Chatham Place, aged 78, with one daughter Mary Ann aged 49.

Anne Clarke Green we think died before 1832, with another daughter Anne being born that year.

Blanche Elizabeth Green, the daughter, did not marry. She died 21 July 1886 at Brixton Surrey. In 1881 census she was living at 74 Vassal Road, Brixton, aged 52. Living with her at this time was an Edward Hennessy Tuttle, aged 50, described as her cousin. When he died in 1902 his address was still 74 Vassal Road.

While trawling through some of the Medway parish records I came across the marriage in 1905 at Luton, Chatham, of an Edward Clarke Green to a Florence Nightingale. Clarke as a second name was fairly common with the surname Green so am not sure if there is a connection with the others or not. He was aged 29, a Lieut in the RN, father William Green. Could not find a birth in the indexes so he m0D

Anyone come across this family in their research.

Ian C
    Last edited by Eyesee; 18-04-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Foad Family Tree

Default Green

The Full Marriage Record of James Green and Blanche Elizabeth Parkinsonin the Parish of Thanet on 12 Jul 1823 .

Full Name James Green
    Blanche Elizabeth Parkinson
    Parish Church St Lawrence
    Witnesses
    W Parkinson
    Ann Ellen Parkinson

The Burial of Blanche Elizabeth Green in the Parish of Thanet.
    Full Name Blanche Elizabeth Green
    Age 59
    Date of Burial 24 Jul 1886
    Abode Brixton Surrey
    Church St Lawrence
    Ceremony Performed By C A Molony Vicar

The Burial of Blanche Elizabeth Green in the Parish of Thanet.
    Full Name Blanche Elizabeth Green
    Age 63
    Date of Burial 15 Apr 1867
    Abode Ramsgate
    Church St Lawrence
    Ceremony Performed By Alfred Whitehead

The Burial of William C Green in the Parish of Thanet.
    Full Name William C Green
    Age 54
    Date of Burial 26 Oct 1878
    Abode Grange Road
    Church St Lawrence
    Ceremony Performed By Aug: A Lyne Curate

penpompren

Default Harriet Elizabeth Rider

In case anyone is still looking for any more information regarding Harriet Elizabeth, her maiden name is Rider. She was born 1802 in Lambeth, Surrey and married John Ingram Batten on 29 Sep 1825 in St. Leonard's church, Bromley, Kent. The marriage was reported in The Morning Post 3 Oct 1825.

Harriet is a 1st cousin, 5x times removed, the Rider's are my direct ancestors. Her parents were Ingram Rider (1768-1844), and Jane Shiells (1775-1851).

In researching this side of my family, I haven't come across any family connection to William Clarke Green.

Hope this helps.