Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ROSIE families

dianne duncan

Default jean or jane rosie

I have a jane or jean rosie born 19.08.1754 married oman duncan 31.1.1789. She died 29.04.1832
    Has anyone any more information on her.
    dianne duncan

Mamie

Default Jean Rosie

Actually you have more information on her than I do lol.

Where did you get her birth and death dates?

Maryann Rosie

Mamie

Default Aug 19 1754

In the IGI for South Ronaldsay this birthdate belong to a Jennet Rosie whose father was James.

Maryann

dianne duncan

Default info on jean rosie

Hi Maryann, I have had the information for sometime and I really can't remember where I got the information. I could have got it from my historical society or the igi.
    Sorry I am not much help.
    Dianne Duncan

Kathb

Default Rosie Family

Does anyone have David Rosie born: Canisbay 12th November 1820. David married Margaret Sinclair (born Wick, about 1822) marriage date: 5th April 1844 Wick? This is submitted information from the IGI so apart from the child denoted in bold (which I believe is my husbands great grandfather) it is not substantiated data.
    Children all born Wick:
    Daniel Rosie b: 1845
    William b: 1847
    David b: 1849James b: 1851
    Eric Sinclair b: 2nd Feb 1862
    Mary b: 23rd May 1859
    Margaret b: 11 july 1864
    Alexander b: 13th Dec 1856

David (b: 1849) married Robertina (? Robina) Anderson 29th November 1872
    One of their children Janet Anderson Rosie was my husband grandmother.
    If anyone has these in their tree and has substantiated data I would appreciate your help.
    Regards
    Kathb

linda1954

Hi Dianne
    Fascinated by Orkney, and the Duncan family.

Oman and Jean Rosie Duncan are my gggg grandparents (maybe a g too many). Visited Orkney and my 5th cousin on South Ronaldsay in 2006, had the best time, its the most awesome place I have ever visited. Have lots of information if you are interesed. Duncan, Rosie, Scott, Allan.
    Regards Linda Canberra

dianne duncan

HI linda,
    I HAVE LEFT YOU AN EMAILMAND THEN FOUND THIS LETTER. I DIDN'T REALISE YOU WERE FROM CANBERRA.I HAVE TWO SONS LIVING THERE. ONE AT BANKS AND ONE AT BELCONNEN.
    SMALL WORLD ISN'T IT
    DIANNE DUNCAN

j.robbie

hi to you all.
    my name is jean and i am researching my family, and looking on here find part of my family are rosies from canisbay and wick,
    my sister and i was also informed our decendants go back to the sinclair family, my great grandfather john winchester,b,1855.elgin morayshire.
    married janet rosie,b1856, wick caithness, 1878 edinburgh. her parents where.
    janet groat,b1839,wick, and john rosie b,1827 wick, they married 1855 wick.and died 1882 and 1895 in wick.
    i am trying to find where in wick i can find they are buried, please can anyone help me, greatly appreciate this.
    my kindest regards............jean......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123