Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ed Bradford

Default Homewood family from Kent

Hey Steve,
    There may be a connection. I have posted all my genealogy in books published on a website. The website service provider has their server down right now for maintenance and upgrades. It's been down for a few weeks and I'm not sure when it will be back up. The link to it is as follows:

https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....m/~edbradford/

When it comes back up, please take a look at what I have. If you have questions, corrections or something to add, please let me know. You can reach me directly through the website or message me through this forum.

.............Ed Bradford

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Many thanks!

it's great to hear from you and thank you for your very generous offer of help.

My grandmother was a Homewood on her mother's side (m. Charles Harris) and the family appeared to do a mysterious flit from London some time in the early 20th century, finally settling in Stockport (Cheshire) after a brief stay in Marsden, Yorkshire.

The Homewood's fascinate me and take up most of the time I devote to family history . . . however, some of the genealogy appears to be very confused when viewed through the prism of Ancestry UK with women giving birth in their 60s and getting married twice before they were born (perhaps a slight exaggeration, that one).

My wife and I are in London on a course in late January and I have arranged we will stay in Spitalfields in order to get some contemporary pictures of the area, we also plan to visit the current version of the Golden Heart pub.

Interesting to see you're in Georgia, both my wife and me teach American politics and history.

many thanks again for your generous offer of help.

Steve Buckley, Barrow in Furness, Cumbria, UK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12