Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blain

Default My Family History Website

I am in the process of producing my family history site.

At the moment only 1901 census and birth brief are working.

However if you want to see what the family group sheet will look like try my profile

What do you think so far? any comments or ideas?
    Last edited by Blain; 02-03-2006 at 3:02 PM.

MarkJ

Nice start Blain. Quick and clean. I was interested to know who the picture was of - maybe if this is an ancestor, a little caption giving her name would be nice?
    It will be interesting to see how the site develops

Mark

Blain

The picture is of my 2nd Great Grandmother, Emily Frost (1864 - 1903)

Just in case it is my browser, there wasn't a slider on the home page so I could scroll down, I could see that there was something below what I could see as there where the top of a row of text.

Tip - if you don't want the site spidering by spammers for your e-mail address, don't use a hyperlink. There are loads of different ideas on this subject, on one of my site, my e-mail addy is a gif file, another is done using a encryptor.

All the best with it, it will take over your life,
    Neil

Blain

The lack of a scrollbar was down to be being silly with the css, it should be working now, let me know if it isn't please.

In my opinion, the best way is to provide a contact form, that way not only can you hide your email address, but people can send you email without needing access to their mail client.

Quote Originally Posted by Blain
    The lack of a scrollbar was down to be being silly with the css, it should be working now, let me know if it isn't please.
    Still no change, ok on 1901 and birthdetail pages.
    Neil

Blain

If you can see a scrollbar on the census entry and my birthbrief then everything is fine, there is no scrollbar on the homepage.

Mary Young

Quote Originally Posted by Blain
    everything is fine, there is no scrollbar on the homepage.
    I am using Firefox 800x600. Shouldn't the scrollbar appear automatically if the page extends below the viewable area? Currently, I can't see the foot of the picture, can't see below the line ending "Please let me".
    Site looks good, loads quickly!

Blain

Yeah, Im having "FUN" with that one at the moment.

The problem is caused by different browsers interpreting the min-height rule differently.
    In the process of hacking it at the moment.

Blain

Well, the CSS has been hacked, the scrollbars rectified, and hopefully all is well.

I have also added a few more pages.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast