chappell

Thumbs up COUREY : GEDDES : GIBBBONS : MCGINN : RYAN

COUREY : GEDDES : GIBBBONS : MCGINN : RYAN
    I am the G Grandson of John Edward Gibbons born Limerick Ireland christened 4th June 1860 St Michaels Lim. he was an only child to Martin Gibbons and Mary Ryan arrived Australia about 1861 John married Martha E (Annie) Geddes (daughter of Thomas Geddes and Mary McGinn) (granddaughter of Henry McGinn and Ellen Courey) John & Annie had 10 sons no daughters and lived in New South Wales mostly Sydney for the rest of their lives. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

astrowitchee

Default gibbons

Hi
    My gt gt gt grandmother was Johanna Gibbons born in Limerick 1851 dau of James Gibbons a farmer, I haven't been able to find any more details on her before her marriage in Bristol 1874.
    Nicki

chappell

Default Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by astrowitchee
    Hi
    My gt gt gt grandmother was Johanna Gibbons born in Limerick 1851 dau of James Gibbons a farmer, I haven't been able to find any more details on her before her marriage in Bristol 1874.
    Nicki
    Hi Nicki
    Me again I have since found a date of marriage for my Limerick Gibbonss' 4th September 1859 married St Michaels Limerick I would think the RC St Michaels.
    Martin married Mary Ryan then a son John Edward - June 1860 christened there also.
    I believe Martin's fathers name to be Stephen but the church may be a place to start for you.

Regards Brad

jgarman

Quote Originally Posted by chappell View Post
    COUREY : GEDDES : GIBBBONS : MCGINN : RYAN
    I am the G Grandson of John Edward Gibbons born Limerick Ireland christened 4th June 1860 St Michaels Lim. he was an only child to Martin Gibbons and Mary Ryan arrived Australia about 1861 John married Martha E (Annie) Geddes (daughter of Thomas Geddes and Mary McGinn) (granddaughter of Henry McGinn and Ellen Courey) John & Annie had 10 sons no daughters and lived in New South Wales mostly Sydney for the rest of their lives. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    I am the G Granddaughter of John Edward Gibbons. His son Bertie is father to my Dad, Bertram John (known as John). Dad was an only child. He has 4 children and 8 Grandchildren and 2 G Grandchildren.