Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sally

Default William PEILL - New Jersey death please

If anyone has access to the USA Social Security Death Index could you see if you could find a death entry for William PEILL, PEIL, PEILE please.

He was born 12th May 1878 Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland & died after 1930 when he was living in Glenridge, Essex County, New Jersey USA according to the census.

I have the deaths of his wife Robina PEILL Mar 1978 & daughter Florence PEILL Jul 1979 both in Essex County, New Jersey + his son Edward PEILL Sep 1973 in New York.

Regards
    Sally

Ancestralbone

The Social Security Death Index it free to everyone and here is the link for you. https://sdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi If you have any problems though just let me know and I will look it up for you. Although some whom were born in 1878 may not be listed on the Index. Not everyone from that time period got Social Security especially dying in 1930 the Social Security had not been around too long at the time. The odds are slim but still worth the try. Good luck.

sally

Thanks for the link Ancestralbone I have just been there & found Robina & children but no William listed. I looked at a link which explained the database & it would seem that if William died before 1966 then the chances of him being on the index were very slim indeed.

I had thought to get Robina's death cert in case there was mention of William as being deceased but abandoned that idea. Firstly, the drop down menu for a birth date went no lower than 1892 & I wanted 1882 & secondly - the cost.

I have just used the currency converter & what is presumably one sheet of A4 paper will cost me 82.45 USD, just over 47GBP.

Thanks again for your help
    Regards
    Sally

Ancestralbone

If you want to find a death certificate here in the States this site can help although they only list U.S. costs you can either email them or call and find out. Here is the link:https://www.vitalchek.com/?clicked=1 William having died here I thought this could help you too. Good Luck!

sally

Thank you Ancestralbone, I will check this out later.

Regards
    Sally

Ancestralbone

You are welcome sorry it was not much help though and the phone numbers are listed there too. Take Care,

jeffrey.bean

Sally, not sure if this will help, but worth a try: https://www.raogk.org/listing.htm . This is a great site and has helped me out more than once.

sally

Hi Jeffrey.

I have also used this site before & have been very grateful to the volunteers but I must admit I have not looked at it for a while. When I last looked in 2005 there was no one who could help but hopefully there might be a new volunteer.

Thanks for reminding me of this site.
    Regards
    Sally

godluvya64

Sally,

I know exactly who William Peill is. My Aunt was married to his son Edward Peill, who was my uncle. After the family passed away, My Aunt kept all their family photos and such. My aunt passed in 1997 and my father took the box home with him. My father passed a few months ago and tonight, I decide to go thru the box. Not knowing what I should do with all the photos, I decide to google search his name and thats when I saw your post. I know it's been a while and hope this e-mail finds you.

johnd1984

Quote Originally Posted by godluvya64 View Post
    Sally,

I know exactly who William Peill is. My Aunt was married to his son Edward Peill, who was my uncle. After the family passed away, My Aunt kept all their family photos and such. My aunt passed in 1997 and my father took the box home with him. My father passed a few months ago and tonight, I decide to go thru the box. Not knowing what I should do with all the photos, I decide to google search his name and thats when I saw your post. I know it's been a while and hope this e-mail finds you.
    Hi,

I am also a relative of William Peill, I have lots of info on them here in Scotland, would love to exchange e-mails and share some information.

Cheers John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast