Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    stgiles_noke

Default Mould,Mold, Mow(e)

I would love to hear from anyone else researching this family.
    (I have traced my branch from Newcastle to Wallsend to Whickham to South Shields (Westoe) to Seaham to Murton Colliery) - all were coal miners.,
    Best wishes, Anne Johnson

Mandie Bland

Hi

I have an Ellen Mole born est 1851 in South Shields - parents William Mole and Margaret ? Ellen married John Hair and had 2 daughters Jessie (est 1875) and Elizabeth (1878)and a son John T. (est 1873). Ellen John and family lived in Westoe at time of Elizabeths birth. Are these possibles?

Mandie

stgiles_noke

Default Mould family

Dear Mandie,

Thanks for your reply. I can't actually place your Moles with my family at the moment - but will keep them on file and be in touch if any more snippets of information fall into place. I think my Moulds died/left Westoe soon after 1851, although I can't be certain at the moment.
    Happy New Year,
    Anne Johnson

amanda mould

Red face mould

hi.im looking for my husbands ancestors mould,his father arthur clough mould was born in cornforth,and his father,william clough mould.but after that we are stuck.any ideas.many thanks

andsled

Default William Mould

William married Ann Porter in 1808 in Whickham. Ann was the sister of my direct ancestor, Ralph Porter. I suspect this might be a connection.
    Andy

stgiles_noke

Default Mould Family

Dear Andy,
    I wonder whether my William Mould
    , baptised on 27th July 1788, Whickham, Durham, who married Isabella Bewick on 7th January 1811 in Tynemouth, Northumberland, could have first married Ann Porter at All Saints, Newcastle in 1808. Do you have any further information regarding William and Ann, whether she died soon after her marriage or whether they went on to have a family after 1811 which would rule out this line of thought.
    I would be grateful for any information. (the only info I have been able to glean is from IGI - haven't been up to the Record Office in Durham yet).
    Best wishes,
    Anne

racing girl

Hello Anne
    I have a Daniel Mould born "Northumberland" who married Margaret Waddle at Wallsend St Peter, 17 Nov 1824. They had the following children:

Thomas, christened at South Shields St Hilda on 21 May 1826
    Mary Ann, christened at South Shields St Hilda on 21 Apr 1829. She married Samuel Douglass, 1 daughter, and then Robert Ormston, 3 sons, 2 daughters.
    Margaret Mould c1832- no birth/christening data but listed on the 1841 census
    Taylor Mould c1835 - no birth/christening data but listed on the 1841 census

Regards,
    Brenda

andsled

Default re: William Mould

As far asI have been able to determine, William Mould and Ann Porter had nine children. Mary (b1808 Lamesley m1826 Samuel Gilderoy), John (b1809 m1833 Mary Corbett), William (b1812 m1847 Isabella Robinson), Benjamin (b1814 m1835 Mary Swan), Elizabeth (b1817), Ann (b1819 m1841 George Hornsby), Isabella (b1824 d1831), Robert Porter (b1822 m1849 Susannah Revell) and Nicholas (b1825 m1850 Rachel Rutherford). Apart from Mary, all children were baptised at Washington. I haven'y been up to check parish records myself yet so this may not be true but Robert Porter Mould is something of a clincher. Hoping to look at Whickham registers sometime over next few weeks.

stgiles_noke

Thanks Andy - that certainly does clinch it - we must be looking at two different Willliam Moulds after all - shame. Thanks for your help,
    Best wishes,
    Anne

stgiles_noke

Dear Brenda - I'm afraid I don't seem to have any links with your Moulds, not at the moment anyway - mine are reasonable fully accounted for by about 1810 - but will look out for any further links. Thanks for your help,
    Best wishes,
    Anne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast