Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Julie Tyrell

Default Missing Date of Death Entry

Hi, I have been trying aimless to find the date that Sissie Buckley (nee Blissett) died. I know that she was born in 1907 and died approx - 1976-1980 but i have scrolled through ever quarter and year of the 1837online records and it is not there. Has anyone got any suggestions that could help? Also I need to find a copy of her will but understand i can only do this once I know her date of death, is this correct? Many thanks Julie

Noel

Hi Julie
    If you know by chance town,city etc where she died. Then you may be able to look at Cem.records for that period.
    With a bit of luck you will get her date of burial & plot number also. Then you can apply for death cert.
    Was she married if so you may be able to find hubbies burial also, or may be buried together.
    Had a look on BMD but that is playing up at this time.
    Noel

Beebee

Hello Julie,

There is a Cissie Buckley born 17/1/1907 on the September 1977 qtr death index
    Ref - Birkenhead - 37 - 0468. Could that be her?

Beebee

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Tyrell
    Also I need to find a copy of her will but understand i can only do this once I know her date of death, is this correct?
    Not strictly true. If you have a rought idea of when she died, searching the index to wills is fairly easy. Most County Record Offices/Local Studies Centres have the index on film (though the coverage may vary from one centre to another). The index is arranged by year probate was granted, but includes he actual date of death.

Geoffers

Julie Tyrell

Default RE: sissie Blissett - death and will

Thanks everyone for their advise.

To BeeBee. Her marriage certificate states 'Sissie' and so does the notice of her birth on 1837online. I have applied for her birth certificate but know she was born in the jan quarter in 1907. This could be her, not sure why the change of name, but I will look into it.
    Thanks again Julie

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Tyrell
    To BeeBee. Her marriage certificate states 'Sissie' and so does the notice of her birth on 1837online. I have applied for her birth certificate but know she was born in the jan quarter in 1907. This could be her, not sure why the change of name
    It isn't a change of name. It's the same name, spelt differently. Don't forget that standards of spelling vary over time. The person who registered the death may have told the registrar that the name was Sissie and the registrar was only aware of the spelling Cissie

Geoffers

Julie Tyrell

Default Copy of will

At last I have a copy if Cissie (Sissie)'s death certificate. She died in 1977 in Birkenhead.

Two questions:
    There was an inquest - is there anyway of accessing that information online??

I need to obtain a copy of her will, I can not get to 'her' local records office. Apart from going to London, is there any other way of obtaining a copy?

thanks very much
    Julie

Mythology

The 1977 index is on microfiche.
    If there's a local office that's convenient and *if* they have the fiche (ring and check) then you can order in through them if you're visiting in person.
    Otherwise, write to York and get them to do a search - it's still only a fiver.

Full details:
    https://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/cms/1226.htm

Julie Tyrell

Thank you for that, printing the form as I type this!

Wirral

Hi Julie

Post the full details of the death & I'll have a look at Birkenhead library next time I go. They have the burial records & local papers which may include a report of the inquest (I'd need to know the date of death).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast