Alex Nicole

Default NICOLE, (Peter Henry, St Leonard's, Shoreditch)

Hello All,

I am looking for any information on NICOLEs in the London area. I am
    particularly looking for Baptism information on a Peter Henry NICOLE who
    according to census information was born in St Leonard's, Shoreditch c1795. Peter Henry was a Law Writer / Law Stationer his wife was called Elizabeth.

A already have information on the following if people are interested:

Charles Frederick NICOLE
    Francis Stanislaw NICOLE
    Theopulis NICOLE
    Amelia NICOLE

These are the children of the above Peter Henry NICOLE.

Regards

Alex NICOLE
    Last edited by Alex Nicole; 01-02-2006 at 9:00 AM. Reason: Updated Birth Place

burtness

Default Re Peter Nicole

Hi Alex,
    Amelia Nicole is my gg grandmother. I have not found Elizabeth on the census, did she die before 1841? Do you know if her maiden name was Pugh? I have Peter's parents as Henry Nicole (b. 1767, St. Marylebone) and Phoebe Southham (b. 1770, St. Marylebone). I also have his sister listed as Phoebe. Apart from the census, however, all my information is from a website, and I can't back it up with documents. My information lists his birthday as 18 Dec, 1794, and his date of death as 1856. Sorry for rambling! I would love to hear about any information you have! Laura

Knowledgeable and helpful Karen Newman's Avatar

The IGI has a Peter Henry NICOLES born 18 Dec 1794 and baptised 3 Feb 1795 to Henry and Phoebe, St Leonards Shoreditch, batch no C040801

There is also a marriage between Henry and Phoebe Southam 28 OCT 1792 Saint Marylebone, London, England, batch no M035241

Alex Nicole

Default Elizabeth Nicole (Nee Pugh)

Quote Originally Posted by burtness View Post
    Hi Alex,
    Amelia Nicole is my gg grandmother. I have not found Elizabeth on the census, did she die before 1841? Do you know if her maiden name was Pugh? I have Peter's parents as Henry Nicole (b. 1767, St. Marylebone) and Phoebe Southham (b. 1770, St. Marylebone). I also have his sister listed as Phoebe. Apart from the census, however, all my information is from a website, and I can't back it up with documents. My information lists his birthday as 18 Dec, 1794, and his date of death as 1856. Sorry for rambling! I would love to hear about any information you have! Laura

Hi Laura,

My information agrees with yours. I believe Peter Henry Nicole's wife was Elizabeth Pugh as I have some marriage details for a Henry Nicole marrying an Elizabeth Pugh at St Brides and all the details I have for his children he refers to himself as Henry Nicole (But Peter Henry Nicole in the Census). I have not found Elizabeth in the 1841 census but I have found Peter Henry and two of his sons & possible his daughter. But as I said not Elizabeth or their youngest son who I have marriage details for so I know survived past 1841.

If you send me your email address to alex <dot> nicole38 <AT> gmail<dot> com I can send you a PowerPoint show that can show you all I have on the Nicole's and I would assume the GEDDS who Amelia married.

Regards,

Alex Nicole

jeeb

Default Elizabeth Nicole death

Hi Alex & Laura,

This death is registered:-

Elizabeth Nicole Apr/Jun 1841 Strand Middlesex vol 1 page 289

Peter Henry Nicole is living in Strand registration district in 1841 and remember the 1841 census was not taken until June. There is a very high probability this is Peter's wife.

Jeremy

Alex Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Hi Alex & Laura,

Peter Henry Nicole is living in Strand registration district in 1841 and remember the 1841 census was not taken until June. There is a very high probability this is Peter's wife.

Jeremy
    Thanks Jeremy, I will take a look into it.

Alex Nicole

burtness

Quote Originally Posted by jeeb View Post
    Hi Alex & Laura,

Jeremy
    Thanks, Jeremy!
    Laura