Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Thankyou so much!

Thank you very very much!!!!!! It's like visiting a real movie, made by one's own ancestors! A real antique road trip :-) I will go on searching: these discoveries only made me more curious!

Dundee10

You may already know that Elizabeth SIDDALL married firstly to Richard Charles DAWES in 1891. They divorced in 1906 and she remarried in 1907 to Henry Thomas HEAD. Her mother Julia Ann died in 1902:

Wairarapa Daily Times, Volume XXVI, Issue 7267, 24 September 1902, Page 2

On Monday night, an elderly lady named Mrs Julia Siddall, who has been residing in Colombo-road, Masterton, with her married daughter, Mrs Head, died from dropsy, combined with other ailments. The body of deceased, who was 61 years of age, is to be taken to Whangarei (Auckland) for interment.

In 1932 Elizabeth HEAD represented the next of kin of Adelaide Elizabeth STEPHEN when questions arose about a codicil in her will.

Auckland Star, Volume LXIII, Issue 61, 12 March 1932, Page 1

STEPHEN - At her residence, 170, Vauxhall Road, Devonport, Adelaide E., relict of the late Charles Stephen; aged 71 years.

STEPHEN - On March 10, 1932, at her late residence, 179, Vauxhall Road. Narrow Neck, Addie, dearly loved aunt of Lottie Barnes. Interred at Waikiekie.

Marriage

1895/222
    Adelaide Elizabeth KULLER
    Charles STEPHENS

Note the marriage year; did your Grandfather divorce her in her absence?

I cannot see any children for Adelaide.

https://bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/search/

A Mrs KULLER, Lady, departed the UK in 1894 on the ship Gothic bound for Port Chalmers in NZ.

You can search the NZ newspapers here https://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast

Dundee10

Searching the newspapers using the words SIDDALL BURLESQUE ('All of your words' option) together brings up results for the 1880s, also use SIDDALL FAMILY ('Exact Phrase' option). You can experiment a bit using other words found in those advertisements and articles - SIDDALL IMPERSONATOR shows that Lil(l)y was still performing in 1894. She did a brief tour in Sydney in April 1888:

https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/re...lly+siddall%22

Was 'Lilly' Amelia?

Smile GREAT ancestors!

I would like to thank you all for helping me tremendously!

I found Adelaide on the shippinglist and I found a wedding announcement of the Stephens' (great you find out she married this Charles Stephens in 1895) apparently only daughter;

---------------
    Taranaki Daily News , 13 February 1920, Page 4
    1920/3280 (registration number)

MARRIAGE
    UHLENBERG-STEPHENS
    "At the Inglewoond Catholic Church, Paul Francis, oldest son of Mr. and Mrs. A. Uhlenberg to Adelaide Anne, only daughter to Mrs. A. Stephens."

---------------------
    So I guess I now know the most important facts..
    The only thing i still would love to have is a picture of Adelaide and her sisters.. to see what they looked like--- but
    I am already thoroughly happy with all these unexpected GRAND results!!!!

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and I don't know if Lilly was Amelia (or the other way around :-) and yes, I am almost sure my greatgrandfather divorced Adelaide in her absence. Still don't know much about his past..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12