Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post

George RUGG bap 15 Aug 1868 St.Peter's, London Docks dob 7 Dec 1851. Family living 51 James Place, Devonport St, Commercial Rd.
    James Owen described as a coal whipper
    Keston, you undoubtedly know this, but for the sake of anyone reading this thread I have just been updating my database with your branch of the family and I have discovered that this George belongs to a different James and Amelia RUGG. James Owen RUGG died in 1841
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

BSpinner

Wink The Amelia CORSAN married in 1831 Jas O RUGG

In 2005 at the beginning of this thread, Keston queried about Amelia Corsan and James Owen Rugg who married in 1831 in Rotherhithe and had at least 4 children before he died in 1841. I am a descendent of one of those children, William John of 1835.

Keston, did you ever answer your original 2005 psting? Or did you determine that this 1831 Amelai is not yours? I could have written exactly the same note. I too have studie the wills and saw that there is another Amelia (that one of course is not mine).

Barry Spinner in Ontario (but at the instant in Salt Lake City near the FHL.)

Procat

Hi Barry,

Keston is no longer a member of the forum and is unlikely to see your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Barry,

Keston is no longer a member of the forum and is unlikely to see your reply.
    Actually he re-registered in Post #9 but hasn't visited for a few months. Try sending him a private message by clicking on his user name and that should generate an alert. If you send me a private message also with your e-mail address I will send you such information as I have on the early Corsans
    Sue Mackay

Procat

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Mackay View Post
    Actually he re-registered in Post #9 but hasn't visited for a few months.
    Oops. Sorry all - missed that.

Keston

Default Rugg and Corsan

Hi Barry

Keston here. I have just seen your messages. I have emailed you separately but do have information on Amelia which I can share.

Thanks
    KESTON.

Carolyn Nelson

I have just found this forum by doing a google search for Ann Corsan. I was thrilled to see some talk about the Corsan family and hope it will help in finding the info we are seeking. I am helping a gentleman (not for pay, mind you) find his British ancestors, and we have only recently started working on the Corsan family. He comes through John Corsan (yes, yet another John Corsan!) who was b. 1803 to Thomas Corsan and his wife, Amelia Bostock.
    One thing that has us stumped is John's brother, Thomas Robert Corsan's, wife, Ann. She appears to have married a John Naldrett in 1833, and possibly someone else in the 1830s. She married Thomas R. Corsan in 1838, is with him on the 1841 Census, but not on later censuses. We found an 1842 imprisoned (for bigamy) Ann Corsan, and are wondering if she is the same Ann. Ancestry shows she is the daughter of a John Hebditch.
    Also, in searching last night, I found possible parents for John Corsan who married Ann Jeffrey. John Corsan (of course it's John) and Katherine/Catherine who married in St. George's in the East. They are in the IGI and on Ancestry.com. There are several children listed for them. One generation at a time! Please let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts or just plain evidence to help us make sure we have the right people. Thank you so much, and I am so glad to have found this great site and thread!

Hi Carolyn, and welcome to B-G.

I have to go out shortly so don't have time to write a lot now, but I can confirm that the John Corsan who married Ann Jeffrey was the son of yet another John Corsan and his wife Katherine. He was born 6 March 1733 and baptised 1 April 1733 in St.George in the East.

Do you have proof that Thomas Robert Corsan was a son of Thomas Munday Corsan? I have found Thomas Robert in the National Probate Index and he died on 3 December 1869 aged 65. His executor was his sister, Sarah CRUTTENDEN, with whom he appears on the 1861 census (RG9; Piece: 285; Folio: 82; Page: 54. original TNA Crown copyright)

I can't immediately see a Thomas and Sarah as children of Thomas Munday Corsan and Amelia Bostock, but I may have missed them

The Probate Index shows that Sarah Cruttenden (widow of Francis Cruttenden, nee Corsan) died 18 March 1873 and probate was granted to her daughter Victoria

More later
    Sue Mackay

Carolyn Nelson

Thank you for welcoming me, Sue. Now I'm starting to wonder why I have Thomas Munday and Amelia Bostock's son as Thomas Robert Corsan. I do have the birth of Thomas Corsan in 1798 from the IGI...I need to go back over my tracks and notes and see why I figured he was Thomas Robert. I may be wrong. I'll get on that right away.

As for John and Katherine, I found their marriage in 1732 in St. George in the East, she being Katherine Colston. Then found 7 children born to them, with 3 of them named Mary, so the first 2 may well have passed away as young girls. Something a little odd, was that their youngest, Elizabeth, was born 9 years after the child before her. I know this can happen, as our own last child is 8 years later than his brother. The children and christenings according to the IGI are:
    John Corsan c. 1 April 1733
    Mary Corsan c. 27 Oct 1734
    James Corsan c. 30 May 1736
    Mary Corsan c. 30 April 1738
    Mary Corsan c. 6 April 1740
    Thomas Corsan c. 9 Jan 1742
    Elizabeth Corsan c. 9 Oct 1751

All were Christened at St. George in the East. John and Katherine were also married there. They were both of M. House Alley. Is that Middle House?

I will get to my records now and see why we figured Thomas to be Thomas Robert.

Carolyn Nelson

Hi, Sue,
    I am so thankful you have pointed out to me that Thomas Robert Corsan is probably not the son of Thomas Munday and Amelia Bostock Corsan. I am pretty sure you are correct. Now I need to find what happened to the Thomas who was their son. I can find no record of him beyond his 1798 (indexed as 1790 in some records...bad writing) birth. On with the search! And to try to find the parents of Amelia Bostock. Was she the sister of Joseph Bostock who married Mary Tunks/Tonks?
    Will be back soon. Thank you for responding and helping with this family. My friend was excited that I had found this forum, too. (Today was my shift at the FHC).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast