arnieblaggard

Default Richard Arnold Weymouth & Surrey

Information needed on Richard Arnold born 1853 Weymouth employed as a Railway Guard married to Mary Ann Jefferies (b1854) from Chard, Somerset. In the 1881 census they lived in East Molesey, Surrey and in the 1901 census they lived at Franklin Road, Norbiton with the following children: Richard (1881) (Railway Clerk), Thomas (1889), Francis (1880), Joseph (1882)Sarah (1891), Alice (1892), Jane (1895) & Emily (1893). I believe Richard is my G Grandfather and married Rose Alice Saunders (b1879) and mentioned in the 1881 census as residing at 18 Scases Buildings, Kingston with her parents John Saunders & Mary Webber. I would if possibe like some information on the first Richard Arnold ie who his parents were and whereabouts in Dorset they originate from or anything else that may help me complete my tree.
    Thanks

richard harby

Default Richard Arnold

There is a Richard Arnold born about 1853 in Abbotsbury .
    His father was Joseph Arnold born about 1827 Abbotsbury.
    Mother Mary Arnold born about 1827 at Abbotsbury.
    Sister Elizabeth born about 1850.
    Brother John borns about 1859.
    Brother Samuel born about 1855.
    Is this the family you are looking for as Abbotsbury is not far from Weymouth.

arnieblaggard

Cheers Richard,
    At the back of my mind I had the name Joseph but couldn't quite figure out how he slotted in, I think you have found the missing cog to that riddle.
    All the Best