Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Ancestralbone
    Through the local Mormon church I have searched some England census records but none matched with James and Mary and their children.
    Well at least you have the 1881 census entry now and it's nice to see that the names match up with those which you provided, presumably the Arthur you mention is James A Grimshaw. The birthplaces from the 1881 census also may help you to search directories and the GRO index for their births. With Henry's birthplace as Openshaw rather than Manchester, you might stand a better chance of locating him in the 1871 census.

Geoffers

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

James Henry Grimshaw was my great grandfather. He went by Henry, or Harry. My father spoke of him often. I have photos, and quite a bit of information if you are interested. Some of your information is correct. He was married to Ethel Hazelwood, and he did come to America (to settle in Pasadena) when he was fairly young. They had 2 children (one died at childbirth). James Henry later married Esther Louise Ender. They had 2 children. One of those children was my father. I’m not quite sure what the appropriate way is for me to give you my contact info. This is the first time I have used this website.
    Last edited by Logansreef; 25-07-2021 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Changed is to was

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Logansreef,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I don't know if you noticed but Ancestralbone began this thread in 2005, and they last visited the forum in November 2012. They should receive notifcation of your post, but as a back-up you could send a Private Message (PM). To do this, click on their username, and you will see a drop-down menu which includes the option of 'Private message'. Click, type your message, and press 'submit'.

However, both the notification of a post in this thread and the receipt of a private message rely on the recipient still using the same email address which is registered in our system. If they've changed their email without advising us of the new one then I'm afraid we have no means of contacting them.

Fingers crossed for you.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks, Pam, this was very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Hello Logansreef,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I don't know if you noticed but Ancestralbone began this thread in 2005, and they last visited the forum in November 2012. They should receive notifcation of your post, but as a back-up you could send a Private Message (PM). To do this, click on their username, and you will see a drop-down menu which includes the option of 'Private message'. Click, type your message, and press 'submit'.

However, both the notification of a post in this thread and the receipt of a private message rely on the recipient still using the same email address which is registered in our system. If they've changed their email without advising us of the new one then I'm afraid we have no means of contacting them.

Fingers crossed for you.

Pam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12