Settling in

Default "A" Coy. 7th Battalion RASC WWII

Good Afternoon Everyone

Please may I ask for your kind help regarding a precious photograph that I have of my Grandfather, Henry Jordan, who was born and raised in Liverpool.

The photograph is a Military photograph with the heading "A" Coy. 7th Battalion R.A.S.C.
    However, I cannot seem to find any information regarding this particular Battalion during WWII and I would be ever so grateful if someone could kindly share their thoughts and/or any findings they may have relevant to the 7th Battalion R.A.S.C. please?

Thank you in advance for any help received, as it is very much appreciated.

Sincerely, Suzie

Hi Suzie
    here is a link to The National Archives guide on army regiments. It also gives links to other sites which may have information.
    https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/...rmy-regiments/

As with anything on The National Archives site I have difficulty negotiating around it.
    Do you have your grandfather's WW11 service record?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

To add to what Chris has said, the RASC is now known as the Royal Logistic Corps. They have a museum HERE.

BTW I have moved your post (and thread) to the WW2 forum because it is more likely to attract attention there after it is more than 24 hours old.
    The forum called "Navigating Brit Gen" is really just a sort of manual/sat nav for the whole of Brit Gen rather than a research thread.

Settling in

Hello Christanel and Lesley

Thank you both ever so much for taking the time to help point me in the right direction, I really do apologise for posting in the wrong forum and I pray with your help my post may now attract further attention.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate any Service Records for my Grandfather but I do have the photograph to prove he served in this particular Battalion.

Thank you once again for your amazing support and advice, as it is sincerely appreciated.

Kind regards, Suzie

Does the photo give a clear view of any badges or rank?

You can apply for your grandfather's service record. Read this 'sticky' and follow the link in Pam's post #5. The good news being that there is no charge now.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...757#post585757

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Hello Christanel and Lesley

Firstly, thank you so much for your continued help and advice regarding my late Grandfather. I have tried to enlarge the Military photograph but unfortunately, I cannot make out any badges or rank etc.

I shall apply for his Service Record and will kindly update you regarding any information I may recieve.

Thank you most sincerely for your wonderful advice, as its beyond appreciated.

Kind regards, Suzie