Loves to help with queries

Default Mablestone born in Old Leake Lincolnshire

I have Dinah Mablestone aged 20 living with C Dodd, farmer of 8 acres on a 1851 Census which reads Lincolnshire Franmpton "All 5a", which I am not sure what all means. However I am wondering if anyone can find Dinah Mablestone in 1841 aged 10ish? On her Australian death certificate (Dinah Barker)in Narrabri NSW Aust in 1902, her mother is noted as Elizabeth, father nk.
    Thank you

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

It saves a bit of time if you spell the name as it's spelt in a particular record. In this case Dinah Mableson.
    In fact, nearly all of the details you've given are incorrect, so I'm not sure where you got your information from.
    The name of the farmer is Henry C Dodd, and he's a farmer of 87 acres, living in Frampton.
    Haven't a clue about the 'All 5a'. Although the enumeration district is 5A, that's not usually part of the census reference. Census reference is HO107/2098 folio 152 page 15.

In 1841 Dina Mableston (note the spellings) aged 9, is living in Leake with presumably her parents, Nicholas, Elizabeth, and siblings David, Charles, and another brother transcribed by FMP as Rinch.
    Census reference HO107/609 book 1 folio 33 page 11. though note that Nicholas is on the bottom of the previous page.

FMP have a baptism for Dinah. March 1832 in (Old) Leake. Parents Nicholas and Elizabeth.
    Search the Lincolnshire baptisms record set for Dinah Mableson in 1832, and allow variants on the surname. This is because you will see two records - one presumably the parish register and the other the Bishop's Transcript. One of them has an incorrect baptism date of 18 November 1832. Not surprising because the writing is terrible. However it happened in a month between February 1832 and April 1832 so is more likely to be March than November.

Incidentally, Dinah's brother is called Rinch. He was baptised 26 May 1839.

And as I suspected, Nicholas Mableson and Elizabeth RINCH were married in Leake 1 June 1824. Entry in parish register on FMP in Lincolnshire marriages record set.

In ye olde days Leake was just Leake, but it's now known as Old Leake to distinguish it from a small village called New Leake which is approximately 5 miles north of Old Leake.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Loves to help with queries

Thank you Pam for the quick response. You have made more sense of everything for me, and grateful for the 1841 census reference. I can now concentrate on finding her entry into Australia. Always one door shuts and another opens. Appreciate your help.