Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Ronwen/Ron is still performing in 1965. She is recorded in the Stage and Herne Bay Press.
    Julie

I am amazed at what you have found, thank you, how did you know where to look?
    Carol

Knowledgeable and helpful

The British Newspaper Archives have a good collection.
    Julie

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
    The British Newspaper Archives have a good collection.
    It does indeed. Going back in time rather than forward, there is a very quirky article in the Surrey Advertiser of 1st June 1949 that starts with the headline: IDEA BEGAN WITH PINK ELEPHANTS / GIRL DRUMMER NOW PAINTS NECKTIES

The article is about Mrs Ron Webb of 79 Shepherds Lane, Stoughton, and says she used to be a drummer in a girls' band and had played in nightclubs around the world but had settled with her husband in Guildford three years ago. She was now painting designs onto ties, but didn't really think there was a commercial market for them. Her husband had been a mushroom cultivator but was now looking around for something else to do.

Famous for offering help & advice

I think she may have died in Spain. I don't have full access to Newspapers.Com but I can read the snippet:

Daily Telegraph 9 July 1991
    WEBB - On July 6, at home in Marbella, RON, wife of the late Jack Webb. Funeral on Thursday July 11 at Benalmadena.

WOW, Thank you so much, I am absolutely amazed at your wonderful research, and honoured that you found my query.
    Just need to find John (Jack) as being dead now!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123