Starting to feel at home

Default Help - drawing a blank in the 1911 census

I am struggling to find 2 search results for my great uncle and great aunt in the 1911 census.

These would be separate searches, I do not expect them to be living at the same address (they were brother and sister) - though do not rule this out.
    Their father was James Johnson and their mother was Rosina nee Heaney - Rosina died in 1909, when 3 of their children (Rose, Ellen and James) moved in with their aunt Mary Ann Tyson, so I know where they were in 1911.

The details I would like to find out about:
    1. William Henry Johnson born in 1891 (June I think) in Liverpool and lived for much of his life in the Everton district of Liverpool.

2. Emily Joan Johnson was born in February 1894 in Liverpool and emigrated to Australia in 1915, one theory is that Emily may have been at working age when her mother died and perhaps worked as 'a domestic'. though that would not explain why she is not shown in census (?)

Any help gratefully received!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

James Johnson and Rosina Heaney married December quarter 1889, Liverpool registration district.
    Parish register entry says they married 25 December 1889, at Liverpool, All Saints. He was 20, she was 18.
    (Image available on Ancestry, Liverpool, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1935)

1891 census
    Living in Everton.
    Census reference RG12/2951 folio 36 page 18
    James 22, a carter, Rosina 20, and baby George, aged 5 months. All born Liverpool.

GRO Index https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp
    has the following Johnson births, all with mother's maiden name Heaney, and all in West Derby registration district.
    George, December quarter 1890
    George William, September quarter 1892
    Emily (no second name), March quarter 1894
    Arthur Bland, March quarter 1896 (Death registration, aged 1, March quarter 1897.)
    Rose March quarter 1899
    Albert Thomas, September quarter 1904.

1901 census
    Living in Everton.
    Census reference RG13/ folio page
    James, 32, quay carter
    Rosina, 29,
    George, 10
    William, 8
    Emma, 7
    Rosina, 2
    Nellie, 5 months
    John Heaney, father-in-law, 60, dock labourer.
    All born Liverpool.

I can't find a birth registration for Nellie, under either Nellie, Ellen, or Eleanor, with mother's maiden name Heaney.

How sure are you that William Henry are his correct names? From the 1901 census and the birth registrations I think he might be the George William, birth registered in 1892.

Ditto with the names of Emily Joan. Certainly no birth registration with those names. I think she must be the Emma in the 1901 census.

Having said 'how sure are you of names' I know only too well that people added names, changed first and second names around, and changed either the first or second names.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Found out about William Henry.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...on-help-please

And a plain Emily Johnson (no middle name) emigrated to Melbourne in 1915.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Starting to feel at home

#3 Thanks Pam, the William Henry link is me asking about my great uncle Bill's war records - I have written a separate question in relation to 1911 census.

# Emily Johnson you mention emigrated to Melbourne in 1915 is my great aunt - thank you.

Starting to feel at home

#2 'Nellie', as she was known as a very young child, was christened either Ellen Margaret or Margaret Ellen I believe.

William Henry is his correct name and he was born in 1891, though some of his Army records show 1890 d.o.b.

You are correct that the Emma shown in the 1901 census is Emily Joan Johnson.

Regarding the 1911 census, I have accounted for the siblings of William Henry and Emily Joan (known as Emily) - I have George's address and Rose, Ellen Margaret, Rose and James were living with their aunt Mary Ann Tyson (she died in April 1911 and the siblings were moved into children's homes.

It is specifically the 1911 census records for William and Emily that I cannot find (?)