Starting to feel at home

Default Civil Deaths & Burials - advice for more info

Hello, my name is Lin and I am trying to find out more about the death of my great aunt Sarah Ellen Johnson (born in Liverpool, maiden surname McCarthy 1895 died in Liverpool 1921)

Sarah is listed on civil deaths and burials register, July-September 1921.
    I need to know more about the register and if more information relating to her death might be available. In particular, The District (West Derby), Vol (8b), Page (455) - are district records available for public viewing?

Any and all advice gratefully received.

Thank you

Lin

Brick wall demolition expert!

Unfortunately all births, deaths and marriage certificates have to be purchased.

You can purchase them either from the local registration office, or direct from the General Register's Office, and that can be done on line.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp

As it is a death certificate you can order from the GRO a pdf version, which is black and white rather than coloured, and is sent electronically, rather than by post and is cheaper £7 in lieu of £11.

Super Moderator

I think the only way for you to obtain more information is to purchase the death certificate.

Starting to feel at home

Thank you to Megan and Sue for you swift reply. Your help is much appreciated.