Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Wiliam Lee from canterbury

Hi,

I am completley stuck my Lee family are a right pain to track down i have struggled with different names and maiden names for the births but i managed to get a bit further back only to hit a complete stop. occupations and family recolection also not helping my father said we were from travelers i have not found this but from his cousin that whe doesnt know now has also said this. I am finding Millers? originating from Canterbury but moving quite a lot

this is what i know

thomas lee 1906-1985 my grandad (heavy iron worker)
    thomas henry or harry lee 1878 depending what day it was. My Great grandad.(dock worker)
    edward lee GG Grandad (laberour, Fireman,coal porter)also moved alot.
    Samuel Lee 1798 Canterbury - GGG Grandad (miller)He moved a lot and a differnt place every census.
    ? William Lee & Judith Hunt fairly sure this is next line but i am struggling

Any help would be apreciated.

Alex

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hi Alex,

Just to make sure that we're looking at the right people, let's start with
    thomas lee 1906-1985 my grandad (heavy iron worker)
    Is he the one who died in Liverpool registration district in 1985. Death registered as Thomas George Lee, birthdate 6 August 1906?

That Thomas in 1939 is living in Sandown Park, Liverpool, with Agnes M, Stanley J/John Stanley, and Francis W.
    The main problem being that Thomas' occupation is master window cleaner, which is slightly different to 'heavy iron worker'.

If he's not your Thomas, then we need a few more details from you about where he died and his birthdate.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Brick wall demolition expert!

The names that you have are very common. Can you provide a few more details, such as where they lived or any census references that you might have?

Super Moderator

Not sure why you say Samuel (1798) moved about a lot and a different place every census as I have found him on the 1861 and 1851. (not sure you will find him on any later than that given his age). In 1851 his address is given as Wandsworth and all his children were born in Wandsworth too. In 1861 he is still in Wandsworth. I hope I have the correct Samuel, born Canterbury, a Miller, married to Charlotte?

Edward Lee, was born in Wandsworth abt. 1843. In 1871 he was married to Eleanor and was a Labourer. His address is London. He has a daughter, Emily and two sons Edward and Daniel.

thomas henry or harry lee 1878 depending what day it was. My Great grandad.(dock worker)
    Could this be your Harry in 1911 age 36, coal porter, docks worker, born West Ham, living in Canning Town with wife Mary Ann 33, dau Kate 11, son Thomas 4 and son Joseph 2.

Married 12 years
    Alma

There's a possible marriage in West Ham, Dec 25th 1898. Thomas Henry Lee/Mary Ann Lowe.
    Alma

Hi Alex925, I've just noticed you are a new member so may I welcome you to B-G Forums and wish you success chasing your ancestors.

There's a family tree on Ancestry which has all the names you mention, the tree name is : "Lee & Barnard Family Tree"

Please can you say what info you are hoping for? Is your brickwall moving back from Samuel 1798, or have you also got stuck moving forward from Samuel?
    Alma

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi everyone thanks i am good all the way back to samual my family tree is on My herritage Lee family tree. i am missing a marrige i think before charlotte he has a son Samuel born around 1820 before they were married (13/10/1822)also he was not with the family at Dunts hill in 1841

his children were born
    William 1833 wandsworth
    charlotte 1835 wandsworth
    Eliz 1836 Canterbury
    Julia 1839 Wandsworth
    Edward 1842 wandsworth
    Emily 1845 Wandsworth

he must have had somthing on in canterbury i would imagine in 1841

Samuel 1798 has siblings too but i dont know where to start there?

William
    John
    Sarah
    Joel

here are the Census for Samuel with addreses

1851 9 brights buildings Garrat lane.
    1861 2 foundry place

Harry/Henry is correct too.

My issue is that i was born in cornwall as my parents and grandparents moved to cornwall. i only had my mum and dad and Grandfather Tom and Nan Molly i didnt know any of my family realy. but through this search have managed to find lost relitives and settle some Long held family issues.

Any help with my search for Samuels other Marrige and if i can find out a bit more on william that would be a great help.

Thanks