Loves to help with queries

Default Baker, Ethel Mary

I have an Ethel Mary Baker marrying in Armidale NSW district to James Mullen in 1919. I cannot find her birth (a website states 1897) nor a death. I did find reference to her on Trove, living on a grazing ppty near Walcha in 1943. Any help would be great.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

I notice that you've posted this in the Australian forum. Is that because you believe Ethel was born in Australia?
    I know virtually nothing about Australian research, but other questions I'd ask regardless of the country a person lived in would be - have you got the marriage certificate? do you know when and where James died? If so, who registered the death? Did he leave will? What did the will say? Did they have children? Do you know where they lived? i.e. was Ethel living with one of them when she died? How thoroughly have you scoured Trove for any reference to Ethel and James?
    I believe Australian certificates have more information on them than English ones so I would have thought a copy of the certificate was priority if you haven't already got it.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Loves to help with queries

Thanks, sorry I didn't make myself abundantly clear. Yes, Ethel lived in Aust, and yes the marriage cert would be the best way forward (Aussie bdms do contain a lot of info). Sometimes clever people have helped me, which can save some expense. However after I posted this query I have found Ethel buried in Armidale cemetery with death date of 23.6.1988 aged 88, which narrows the search a LOT. I now have her BDM death record listing parents, so should be able to backtrack a bit now. Unfortuately I volunteer at a charity shop today, so cannot search until tonight. Thank you for responding.