Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Steve,
    First of all, you have the copy of the certificate from the GRO which has details such as registration district, sub district, certificate number (column 1), and date of registration (column 8). These details mean that it's a relatively simple task to look at the original entry at the Registrar's office.
    I would therefore email
    [email protected]
    Give them the details as above, plus the other details (dob, address, name, etc) on the copy of the certificate that you've received. Explain that you know that details sometimes get mis-transcribed between the Registar's office and the GRO, and therefore would it be possible, please pretty please, for them to check their original copy.

You could also enclose details of Frank's certificate (including the RO and column details) too, as proof of the similarities which make you think it's the same family in spite of the different spellings.

The RO can either be very helpful, or just send a straight 'no'.
    Thank you for this detailed advice, it is appreciated. I will contact Tower Hamlets

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Steve,
    First of all, you have the copy of the certificate from the GRO which has details such as registration district, sub district, certificate number (column 1), and date of registration (column 8). These details mean that it's a relatively simple task to look at the original entry at the Registrar's office.
    I would therefore email
    [email protected]
    Give them the details as above, plus the other details (dob, address, name, etc) on the copy of the certificate that you've received. Explain that you know that details sometimes get mis-transcribed between the Registar's office and the GRO, and therefore would it be possible, please pretty please, for them to check their original copy.

You could also enclose details of Frank's certificate (including the RO and column details) too, as proof of the similarities which make you think it's the same family in spite of the different spellings.

The RO can either be very helpful, or just send a straight 'no'.
    I finally managed to get a copy of the certificate that's held at Tower Hamlets and compared it to GRO certificate - they are the same

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123