Brick wall demolition expert!

Default Hannah Dickinson born circa 1855

I'm helping a friend with her family tree.

So I get back to Richard Bolton born about 1821 a collier from Coppull near Chorley in Lancashire, and his parents are William Bolton and Ann Warburton.

The first definitive census that I can find for Richard is in 1861 (Piece 3122 Folio 63 Page 30) where he is married to Ellen (Mawdsley) who was 12 years younger than he. Living in the household were 3 lodgers: Richard, Margaret and Hannah Dickinson, aged 17, 13, and 6 and who were born respectively in Euxton (Chorley), Chorley and Duxbury (Chorley). By the 1871 Census only Hannah remains in the household and she is now described as Richard Boulton's daughter.

I have been trying to find the connection (if any) between the Bolton's and the Dickensons. I have found very likely birth registrations for Richard and Margaret, both of which show the mother's maiden name as Farrington. William Dickinson and Ellen Farrington married in 1843 in Chorley. In the 1851 census Ellen is shown as a 30 year old widow with 3 children: Richard Margaret and Jane. I cannot see a birth registration for Jane.

There are two possible deaths for William Dickinson in Chorley in 1850; one aged 33 and one aged 21. There are also two possible deaths for Ellen in Chorley. One in 1858 aged 36 and one in 1859 aged 34.

I have been unable to find a birth registration for Hannah Dickinson circa 1855, and based on Ellen stating that she was a widow in 1851, then Hannah was likely not to have been the daughter of William.

So my questions are can anyone find a birth or a baptism for Jane (born circa 1846) or Hannah? And secondly do people agree with me that the Bolton's probably simply took in Hannah and made her a part of their family as so often happened in those days? Her siblings being older would have been expected to fend for themselves.

Famous for offering help & advice

Birth reg.

DICKENSON, JANE MMN- FARRINGTON
    GRO Ref: 1846
    J Quarter in CHORLEY
    Volume 21 Page 430

Famous for offering help & advice

Possible baptism.

Baptism: 16 Apr 1855
    St George, Chorley, Lancashire
    Hannah Dickinson - [Child] of Ellen Dickinson, Single woman
    Abode: Burgh
    Baptisms 1850 - 1866, Page 110, Entry 877

Brick wall demolition expert!

Thank you.

The place of abode "Burgh" does stack up with Duxbury, which is her stated place of birth, as there is a road close by to Duxbury Park called Lower Burgh Way.