Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default Looking for a marriage

Hello Everyone
    Dorothy Mary Hycle birth 30 Mar 1925 in London England her mother was Lillian Hycle born in 1881 in Bow London England.
    I have told Lillian Hycle was married in London, I am looking for the marriage and the name of her husband.
    Hopefully someone can help please.
    Maurice

Super Moderator

Could it be Lilliam Huckel,(transcribed as Lillian Hackle) age 20 born Bow living with parents, Henry and Eliza Huckel in Mile End Old Town? Hycle is a name that could easily been spelt differently. Was Hycle Dorothy's birth name? Was Hycle Lilian's maiden name? If so did she give birth to Dorothy before she married?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Maurice, are you sure you have the correct surname?
    FreeBMD has no registrations at all for the surname Hycle between 1870 and 1960.

Do you mean HYDE?

Logic says that if Dorothy was born on 30 March, then her birth would have been unlikely to have been registered on either 30 or 31 March, meaning that the registration would have occurred in the next quarter of April to June 1925. (In fact, there are no Dorothy Hyde birth registrations with or without a middle name in March quarter 1925.)
    There is only one Dorothy Hyde birth registration in London in June quarter 1925, which is for a Dorothy MAY (not Mary) in Southwark registration district.

Can you check your details, please?
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Forgot to add that Mother's maiden name for the birth registration of Dorothy May HYDE in June quarter 1925 is Clark.

Starting to feel at home

Dorothy Mary Hycle as you say it’s spelled different ways , Dorothy mother was Lillian Hycle, Lillian Hycle parents were Henry James Hycle and Eliza Sherwood .
    That’s the only information I have.
    Maurice

Starting to feel at home

Hello
    I tried to send peace of a Family Tree , I didn’t know if ye got it if not .
    Please give me an email address so I can forward it on

Quote Originally Posted by maurice1953 View Post
    Hello
    I tried to send peace of a Family Tree , I didn’t know if ye got it if not .
    Please give me an email address so I can forward it on
    Maurice, although it says photos in the heading the instructions apply to any image (such as part of your family tree) you want to post on BG.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...os-on-Brit-Gen

Hello Everyone
    Dorothy Mary Hycle birth 30 Mar 1925 in London England her mother was Lillian Hycle born in 1881 in Bow London England.
    I have told Lillian Hycle was married in London, I am looking for the marriage and the name of her husband.
    Hopefully someone can help please.
    Maurice
    OK, I accept that my previous suggestion that you might have misread the surname and it should be Hyde (see posts 3 and 4) is incorrect.

But, as I also said in post #3 there are NO birth, marriage or death registrations for the surname Hycle on FreeBMD for 1870-1960.

If you can find Dorothy's birth registration (including the registration district) then you have a chance of us helping you. Until then, looking for a needle in a haystack would be easier.

Dorothy Mary Hycle as you say it’s spelled different ways , Dorothy mother was Lillian Hycle, Lillian Hycle parents were Henry James Hycle and Eliza Sherwood .
    That’s the only information I have.
    Maurice
    GRO website and/or FreeBMD

Marriage registration December quarter 1879 (Mile End registration district implied)
    Henry James Huckle and Eliza Lillian STEERWOOD (not Sherwood)
    Married at St Peter, Stepney. Image on Ancestry.

Birth registration, September quarter 1880, Bethnal Green registration district
    Lilian Blanche Huckle, mother's maiden name Steerwood.

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    Could it be Lilliam Huckel,(transcribed as Lillian Hackle) age 20 born Bow living with parents, Henry and Eliza Huckel in Mile End Old Town? Hycle is a name that could easily been spelt differently. Was Hycle Dorothy's birth name? Was Hycle Lilian's maiden name? If so did she give birth to Dorothy before she married?
    That was an excellent spot so early in the investigation, Sue.

1901 Census reference RG13/330 folio 20 pages 31 and 32
    Henry, Eliza, and numerous children including Lilian living in Mile End Old Town.

1911 census reference RG14PN9710 SN276
    Henry, Eliza, and various children including Lilian living in Walthamstow.

1921 Lillian Blanch Huckle, born 1879, born London Bow, living in Walthamstow. Further details may be purchased from FMP for a small fee.

ADDED:
    In 1939 Lilian Blanche Huckle is living in Teddington with younger sister Jenny.

Death registration December quarter 1943, Essex South Western registration district
    Lilian Blanche Huckle, aged 63.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast