Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isiaiah Watt

Famous for offering help & advice

1921. There’s an Isaiah Watt born 1861,Tyrone,Ireland. Living in Hoylake cum West Kirkby,WirralCheshire.

Along with Adeline born Sydney,Norman born Melbourne.Also a Dorothy & Peter,Paul and 1 other..

It must be Tyrone. I've had a look at the births on Scotlands People and there is nobody called Isaiah Watt anywhere in Scotland at any time, not even when I switched to phonetic forename spelling..

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    1921. There’s an Isaiah Watt born 1861,Tyrone,Ireland. Living in Hoylake cum West Kirkby,WirralCheshire.

Along with Adeline born Sydney,Norman born Melbourne.Also a Dorothy & Peter,Paul and 1 other.
    Per the Falklands article bout his son, Norman Charles, Dorothy (Reid) was his wife & Peter and Paul were his sons.

It looks like Isiah,Adeline & Stanley arrived in Liverpool.U.K.22/12/1913.
    Ship,Oransa. Departure: Callao, Peru. Listed as ports of call is Port Stanley

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Dear Pam and Pamela
    you are very good. Yes definitely the right family.
    I will add James and Mary Ann and follow up on their family. Interesting story re Norman.
    I have printed off the link. I have the probate document. states the estate to daughter Adeline Olive Sullivan. £718 1s
    HIs daughter Adeline Olive born 12 Apr 1890 Carlton Melbourne Vic m. 4 Apr 1921 St. Michaels Golders Green to John Sullian (occ.physician). John born 1878 Perth, Scotland, died 3 Jun 1958 Perth Scotland.
    Adeline Olive died 8 Jun 1973 Bournemouth.

Isaiah''s wife Adeline Jane Langford born 23 Aug 1867 Liverpool NSW, died 1 Aug 1936 Hendon Middlesex.
    they married 14 Mar 1889 Port Fairy Victoria Australia.

Once again thankyou
    Doreenh

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by DoreenH View Post
    Dear Pam and Pamela
    you are very good. Yes definitely the right family.
    I will add James and Mary Ann and follow up on their family. Interesting story re Norman.
    I have printed off the link. I have the probate document. states the estate to daughter Adeline Olive Sullivan. £718 1s
    HIs daughter Adeline Olive born 12 Apr 1890 Carlton Melbourne Vic m. 4 Apr 1921 St. Michaels Golders Green to John Sullian (occ.physician). John born 1878 Perth, Scotland, died 3 Jun 1958 Perth Scotland.
    Adeline Olive died 8 Jun 1973 Bournemouth.

Isaiah''s wife Adeline Jane Langford born 23 Aug 1867 Liverpool NSW, died 1 Aug 1936 Hendon Middlesex.
    they married 14 Mar 1889 Port Fairy Victoria Australia.

Once again thankyou
    Doreenh
    Doreen, I presume you're referring to me when you say 'Pam', however I had nothing whatsoever to do with information found in this thread. In addition to Pamela (Wagster) you should be thanking sue mallings and Jomot1.

Remember also to give us all the information you have about a person. In this instance, the fact that Isaiah and his family returned to England and died here. It might seem irrelevant when asking about his birth place but it can be massively important, as in this case when he was found in the 1921 census and his birthplace was given as Tyrone.
    ADDED:
    And his wife's birth place and year which would have confirmed that it was definitely him in the 1921 census.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Dear Pam
    sorry. I will thank Pamela and Sue for all your help.
    I am very appreciative of the work you all did.
    once again.
    thanks
    Doreenh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12