Thread: hi from me

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default hi from me

hi i currrently live in derbyshire, i have been searching online for many years and cannot for the life of me breakthrough in finding a person.

i usually resarch most days but having little information and no one to ask its frustrating to say the least.

alison

Hi Alison and welcome to the Brit-Gen forums.
    I bet each one of our members has, like you, an ancestor who just won't reveal their secrets. However they do love helping others to try and break down the brickwall so if you want help just pick a suitable forum, tell us all you know about the pesky ancestor and what you want to know and it shouldn't be too long before some of us take a look to see if any new information is now available on line. it sometimes help to have fresh eyes look at a problem
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

As Chris says, welcome to Brit Gen
    There's always one, but help will hopefully appear. In the mean time, why not have a look at the messages "stuck" at the top of relevant forums - you may find something you haven't tried.
    For example, there's "Helping us to help you" HERE. There another less general ones, of course.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

thankyou, sorry for late reply, computer issues. Now resolved