Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Default British Newspaper Archive 25% off til 27 Nov

Just found out that the British Newspaper Archive have 25% off all subscriptions until the 27 November.
    Discount code if needed is SAVE25, but there may well be a simple 'claim offer' button at the top of the home page. (I saw the offer while browsing for something else and I don't want to forget what I'm doing. )

Cannot stress enough that it's amazing what you can find in the newspapers. I've found auntie talking about her job in the library, granddad winning darts and fishing matches (also catching the smallest fish - 2 ounces!), dad arranging various athletics meeting, mum taking part in a carnival, and mum's siblings winning school prizes, plus weddings (sometimes with photos) and obituaries. .
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Weird.

I've just received an email from the BNA saying

"This Christmas, gift your loved ones the chance to delve into our extensive newspaper archive. Gift subscriptions are 25% off in our super Black Friday sale. Offer ends 28 November*."

You can only give one gift subscription, and the offer ends 23.59pm on [B/]28[/B] November.

You will have to check for yourselves which subscriptions you can opt for (week, month, quarter, etc) if you use the offer in post #1, and similarly which you can gift (or ask someone to buy you ).
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”