Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default British army in India - Ernest Hope

have found NO birth record for the Ernest W F HOPE here in NSW. His mother is from family records INDIAN!! Ernest Phillip HOPE was in the English Army and stationed in India where he met the mother of Ernest W F HOPE.

trying to find details regarding Ernest Phillip Hope, British Army stationed In India inthe late 1800s.
    Ernest's son Ernest William doesnt mention names of parents on marriage cert. nor info on his death cert.
    Possibly son born in India.

hoping you can help.
    Doreenh

Default British army in India - Ernest Hope

dear everyone
    I posted this a couple of days ago but it seems to have disappeared from the listing.

looking for Ernest Hope who went to India with the British army probably Bengal lancers mif to late 1800s.

Ernest we beieve had an indian wife, with a son called Ernest William Hope born 1890.
    according to Ernest jnr. he states he was born in South Australia but no record anywhere in Australia. Also cannot find passenger list for Ernest Jnr.

A female family member from one of his many spouses and children, had done a dna test which came back as India bloodine.
    are you able to help.
    Doreenh

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Not disappeared from the listing - placed in the Military general forum whereas you put your second post in the Military army forum. After using considerable brain power, I've managed to join the posts, and put them both in Military army.

Easy way to check on recent posts is to click on your username and then from the dropdown list select 'view forum posts'.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

hi Pam
    thankyou. will look better next time.
    Just hoping someone can help.
    thanks
    Doreenh

Knowledgeable and helpful

I'm not usually of much help to anyone here but I did have a family member who was born in India, joined the British Army there etc. etc.

I found the 'Families in British Indian Society' (FIBIS) very helpful. Their website was interesting and helpful and then they did some research for me which turned up a lot more information.

Good luck!

Dear Audrey
    thankyou, I will contact them and see what happens.
    take care
    Doreenh

Dear everyone.,
    Hi Audrey, emailed them no response.
    I did find the following on the findmypast website, I looked further at the British Library but couldnt find any info
    E.Hope. born 1865, service no. 2167 rank Private. Date of enlistment 19 Jul 1884, embarkation date 12 Oct 1885.
    Destinatin: India. British Library ref: IOR-L-MIL-15-45
    Regiment: 2nd Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Ship: Jumma.

I dont now if its Ernest Hope but the dates seem right.
    thanks
    Doreenh