Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello Jim

MU stood for Maintenance Unit recently, although this won't apply to someone listening to radio transmissions, but might help making it a Wireless Unit, whether that was a wartime unit I am not sure

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks. The first unit he was posted to was 44 M.U. at Edzell, Scotland, before he was sent to 350 Signals Depot at Newbold Revel. Nice and handy as Edzell was about 9 miles from home.

The first unit he was posted to after arrival in India was 385 M.U. or possibly W.U. - it is very badly printed but looks more like the former than the latter.

After a few months (!) in the Military Hospital at Shillong (malaria maybe? I know it takes a long time to recover from that and I'm certain he had no physical injuries from his service with the RAF) he was posted to 368 W.U. and then to 367 W.U. I know he finished up in Hong Kong before returning home in July of 1946, and I read that, after the war, 367 W.U. was based in Hong Kong, so that fits the known facts.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Does anyone know what HP 164 S Wing (there is an off chance this might be 166) means? I can't find any references to help me figure it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12