Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Paul
    Did you look at JewishGen Family Trees which has Anna Toscane and Simon Rimini and includes family members. This tree is recorded by Lynn Lewis who can be contacted via the JewishGen link. My advice is to check on JewishGen as you and I discussed several years ago.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Brick wall demolition expert!

As you are unable to see the family tree on Ancestry I would summarise information that it has that has not been provided elsewhere. However, unless I include a source for that information it has not been verified. I think that much of the information may have come from:

Netherlands, GenealogieOnline Trees Index, 1000-2015 - Genealogy Online (genealogieonline.nl)

According to the tree Simon and Annie had the following children:

1. Michael born 1871. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1871 Qtr July Vol 1C Page 313. Note his mother’s maiden name is listed at “Tuscani”. Although the tree does not include this a Michael Rimini died in Bethnal Green Military Hospital on 8 August 1915 from pneumonia. He was a private in the London Regiment (service number 20270) but his death was not war related. The record indicates that his mother was Anna and his father Samuel. The Civil Registration index says that he was 41, but then he would have been born in 1874, so whoever gave the information to the civil authorities was wrong.

2. Alexander born 1873 died 1925. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1872 Qtr October Vol 1C Page 338. Note: his mother’s maiden name is listed as “Taseany”, and he is recorded as Alexander Rimoni.

3. Jacob born 1874 died 1941. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1874 Qtr April Vol 1C Page 335. Note: his mother’s maiden name is listed as “Taceny”. Although the tree does not include this Jacob was baptised 14 May 1889 at St Mark, Goodman´s Fields, Islington. He was born on 2 May 1874. Information from the Parish Record.

4. Abraham born 1876 died 1915. I can find nothing to verify the existence of this person.

5. Solomon born 1876 died 1915. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1876 Qtr April Vol 1C Page 317. Note his mother’s maiden name is recorded as “Tasceng”.

6. Abraham born 1880 died 1928. It seems strange to have two sons with the same name and both living. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1880 Qtr July Vol 1C Page 288. Note his mother’s maiden name is recorded as “Coscane”. Although the tree does not include this Abraham served in the Royal Navy in WW1 In the Royal Marine Labour Corps, although I think he may have originally enlisted in the army on 30 Oct 1914.

7. John born 1882. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1882 Qtr January Vol 1C Page 330. Note his mother’s maiden name is recorded as “Koskani”, and he is listed as “John Remene”.

8. Henry born 1882 died 1940. Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1883 Qtr October Vol 1C Page 294. Note his mother’s maiden name is recorded as “Koskani”. Not from the tree: On 1 November 1899 he joined the 7th Battalion Rifle Brigade. During WW1 he was in the Army labour corps. In 1921 he was unemployed and living in Bethnal Green with his wife Louisa Cecilia (aged 37) and his daughter Louisa Martha (10).

9. Rebecca born 1885 died 1968 Verified birth registration Whitechapel 1885 Qtr July Vol 1C Page 286. Note her mother’s maiden name is recorded as “Joscenie”.

The 1911 census says that they had 8 children, and having reviewed the information above I think that number 4 does not exist.

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Look at the similarity of the letters. I suspect that Michael is a corruption of Jechiel. Either through a mis-reading of the written word, or else through a mis-hearing of the spoken word.

Paul, please follow the instructions in my post #3 about checking for Rimini birth registrations in Whitechapel registration district on FreeBMD and the GRO's own website. Use the GRO site to find the mother's maiden name once you have a more precise year of birth from FreeBMD.
    https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
    https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/login.asp
    I have already told you about Michael in 1871, and Alexander being indexed as Rimoni in 1872.
    Dear Pam, goodmoning, thanks again for all your data, on FreeBMD sometimes the names come but you cannot see much data and no cerificates in full with all information, just a mentioned in some book with a reference. Do not want to critisize but here it is much easier to get the certificate you need, especially old one. One Rimini I foudn was even married in camp Westerboork.
    Have a nice day, best rgds, Paul

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Dear Pam, goodmoning, thanks again for all your data, on FreeBMD sometimes the names come but you cannot see much data and no cerificates in full with all information, just a mentioned in some book with a reference. Do not want to critisize but here it is much easier to get the certificate you need, especially old one. One Rimini I foudn was even married in camp Westerboork.
    Paul,
    I believe you've already been told that there are no online birth or death certificates in England and Wales. (Scotland is different.) Marriage certificates are sometimes available online if the couple married in a Church of England church.
    So you have to rely on BMD registrations, and then order the certificates from the GRO.
    The volume (Book) number and the page are part of the reference needed for ordering.

Every country has its own way of dealing with records, and we can be just as critical of what a country makes/allows available as much as we can be as what is not made/allowed available, regardless as whether it's free or not. Perhaps some of your countrymen are not happy with all the Dutch records that are accessible by anyone, anywhere in the world, at the click of a computer key.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Paul
    Did you look at JewishGen Family Trees which has Anna Toscane and Simon Rimini and includes family members. This tree is recorded by Lynn Lewis who can be contacted via the JewishGen link. My advice is to check on JewishGen as you and I discussed several years ago.
    Hi Philip, hope you are doing well. Have checked that site a few times but is not much data to find, will check these names.
    Just sae kids names of Simon and Anna but no names of them, the couple itself, which is also important

Paul,
    I believe you've already been told that there are no online birth or death certificates in England and Wales. (Scotland is different.) Marriage certificates are sometimes available online if the couple married in a Church of England church.
    So you have to rely on BMD registrations, and then order the certificates from the GRO.
    The volume (Book) number and the page are part of the reference needed for ordering.

Every country has its own way of dealing with records, and we can be just as critical of what a country makes/allows available as much as we can be as what is not made/allowed available, regardless as whether it's free or not. Perhaps some of your countrymen are not happy with all the Dutch records that are accessible by anyone, anywhere in the world, at the click of a computer key.
    Dear Pat, it is no my intention to insult you or the UK for the way they deal with genealogical data, to each country its own regulations. As for me, it ias nice we can get most of the docs we njeed, I think for families who wish to find out their ancestors those docs should be available always and the only ones who look for them usually is family, I will not search for any docs which are not about my family.
    Sometimes here you need to pay but not m,ich and only for certain type of docs.
    Have a nice day, Paul

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beek1956 View Post
    Dear Pat, it is no my intention to insult you or the UK for the way they deal with genealogical data, to each country its own regulations. As for me, it ias nice we can get most of the docs we njeed, I think for families who wish to find out their ancestors those docs should be available always and the only ones who look for them usually is family, I will not search for any docs which are not about my family.
    Sometimes here you need to pay but not m,ich and only for certain type of docs.
    Have a nice day, Paul
    Paul,
    I know that you were not trying to insult me or the UK, the same as I wasn't trying to insult you or the Dutch authorities when I said that perhaps some of your fellow countrymen might not be happy with some of the Dutch records that are available. The fact is that every country has different records, starting at different times, held in different places (some of ours are held in The National Archives, others held in county or even town archives, and Scotland does its own thing ) and certainly since the privacy laws began authorities have to be very careful about who can access which records. Personally, I feel quite miffed that I even if I paid a load of money I won't be able to access the 1951 census entry for me and my now-deceased parents, even though I know where we were living and my dad's occupation, though on the other hand I don't know how I would feel about other people being able to access those details about me if the 1951 census were widely available. Access/non-access is a very fine line.

Regarding the Rimini family, I presume you realise that most of the information found in this thread had already been provided to you by Phillip in this other thread.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...I-SAMUEL-DUQUE
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Paul,
    I know that you were not trying to insult me or the UK, the same as I wasn't trying to insult you or the Dutch authorities when I said that perhaps some of your fellow countrymen might not be happy with some of the Dutch records that are available. The fact is that every country has different records, starting at different times, held in different places (some of ours are held in The National Archives, others held in county or even town archives, and Scotland does its own thing ) and certainly since the privacy laws began authorities have to be very careful about who can access which records. Personally, I feel quite miffed that I even if I paid a load of money I won't be able to access the 1951 census entry for me and my now-deceased parents, even though I know where we were living and my dad's occupation, though on the other hand I don't know how I would feel about other people being able to access those details about me if the 1951 census were widely available. Access/non-access is a very fine line.

Regarding the Rimini family, I presume you realise that most of the information found in this thread had already been provided to you by Phillip in this other thread.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...I-SAMUEL-DUQUE
    Dear Pam, goodmorning, we both have same ideas but our countries have different opinons about privacy it seems. Bit I am glad with this forum because get so many data which is hard to find for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12